Completed my first day :)

Options
Hello all,

I discovered this website yesterday from an article in Company magazine and have just completed my first day and was under my daily calorie limit! :) It's so surprising to find out how many calories certain foods really have!

I used to be a size 8 when I was 18 and am now 21 and a size 14-16. I have tried many times before to get down to a size 10 but it just doesn't seem to be happening! Hopefully this website will help and encourage me :)

Replies

• LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!

This site is great and Ive met so many WONDERFUL and SUPPORTIVE people!
  • daniellevility
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!
    have a great day!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first steps to a healthier you! :happy:

One thing I will say, and i'm sure others will agree...the calories that MFP allocates to you should ALL be eaten! The programme has already deducted many hundreds from your current calorie allowance (so you dont have to do this hard work). If you fail to eat all of the allocated calories, including some of your exercise calories, you are at risk of sending your body and metabolism into starvation mode...

I know it sounds strange and it took me a while to accept it too, but it really does work!
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of my diet and I FEEL GREAT compared to 2 days ago. I hope I can stick to it this time..everytime I try, I fail. I am hoping these message boards and along with other peoples stories can keep me on track for a better, healthier me :) Good Luck to everyone..
  • Kelseykim
    Kelseykim Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome Aboard!! and congratulations on completing your first day, to a healthier you
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals. I am size 16 and striving for size 10. I have been a member of this site since April 26 and already I have lost 3.5 lbs. This site is wonderful and it definitely helps you lose weight by logging in your food and exercise. Good Luck! and Welcome!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    welcome to the sight, this is an awsome place, everyone is helpful and supportive here. You can do this.
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome! I loveee this site too! :) it has reallly been so helpful to me!

goodluck! :)