Hi!

weesha032981
weesha032981 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
My doctor told me about this website. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have immense trouble losing weight. I have thoroughly researched and decided to have lap banding surgery. So today starts what I hope to be an amazing transformation. My husband is very supportive and I am blessed to have him by my side. Because of the PCOS, I am unable to get pregnant. Weight loss is the key to improving the symptoms of this issue. However, my body works against itself at losing weight. At 29 years old, we are both financially and mentally ready to have a baby. It is possible that having this surgery can change our lives in more ways than one. So I hope to utilize this website to help me stay on track as I spend the next 6 months working on changing my eating habits and preparing for this surgery. I wish everyone the best of luck in their personal efforts to lose weight. :smile:

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Welcome, this site is a great training tool for learning good healthy eating habits and keeping you on track. The food bank is awesome and extensive and the support very helpful.
  • Newme2b
    Newme2b Posts: 32
    Hello Weesha! My sister was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago. She has lost over 100pounds (on her own) since then. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do! God bless!
  • bunnigun
    bunnigun Posts: 12
    Feel free to add me ...always looking for new friends and more support! Especially someone else who has PCOS.
    Best of luck!
  • Thank you so very much! I am confident this will be one of the best decisions I have ever made.
This discussion has been closed.