Detox Body wrap

Options
I was just wondering how good is a detox body wrap for you. So What i'm doing is every 10 pounds o lose i'm doing something for myself, giving myself short term goals. So I booked a Detox body wrap for this 10 pounds cause i figure it would be good to get rid of some of the toxins in my body, so not really for inches loss. how well do these work? Or do they just make you sweat and lose water weight?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It makes you sweat and lose water weight...for a few days, until you drink enough water...A pedicure would be a more productive and longer lasting reward.....
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Probably too good to be true (usually if it sounds that way, it is).

I agree that you should get a pedicure instead. Feels lovely, totally relaxing and is money well spent. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    They just make you lose water weight. May help if you need to fit into a dress for a date or something, but definitely not sustainable.

Additionally, they are damn expensive!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    They don't remove any toxins from your body.. just some water which is gained back really quickly. No need to detox your body.

I would personally go for something thta is of better use to you than some wrap that does nothing. I would prefer to get a manicure or something like that.
  • ppeaches21
    ppeaches21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So since i really repect everyone option i'm getting Gel Nails!!! instead of a body wrap!