Help me out with an awkward friend

Options
2»

Replies

• Hayter2013
    Options
    Get rid! Simple.

Sounds harsh but if you're worrying about this so much then its not worth your hassle.

I had a friend like this years ago, she had a baby before I did although no longer with the father and I helped her as much as I could through that, while at the time I had just moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) who she seemed to like on the surface but think she was jealous as he was a good guy.

While we were moving again, she asked to come and stay, with her little boy in tow and I said it wasn't great timing as the flat was full of boxes and not safe for her son to be there too. She hung up. Usually I was able to drop everything and get to her, only my husband drove at the time so he used to take me to her if needs be, I'd get called up in the middle of the night.

I didn't hear from her when we moved, it was like she was jealous she wasn't the centre of attention anymore and that I'd got a wonderful man, just what she wanted.....

What your friend has to realise is, communication works both ways, so if she feels like you don't see her, why doesn't she try harder to come see you. Or Skype so she can see you.

Obviously life with kids is different to life with no kids as we have friends with no kids who we feel "just don't get it" but at the end of the day, it was our choice to have kids too and cut out any major socilising (clubs at weekends) we were doing

She needs to grow the hell up!!:angry:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Sounds like her MO is to make bad decisions, blame others and play the vicitm.
    You are not responsible for her happiness.
    Excellent book: "Boundaries" by Cloud and Thompson, talks all about dealing with these kind of people.
    Would highly recommend it.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Bitshes be crazy, yo!

Sometimes walking away is not a bad thing. Try talking to here, but if she is the type of person who feeds on drama then all talking will do is make you out to be the villain somehow.

Or you can step the crazy level up to force the relationship into a breaking which will help determine if it's worth saving after all. Tell her you are pregnant and the babydaddy is in jail and you trying to break him out, say you need her help with the jailbreak. If she refuses then proceed to tell her how bad of a friend she has been since she gave birth and you feel that you are a third wheel with the baby around,even go as far as suggesting adoption. See how she reacts to the new level of crazy, and go from there, or just break up like I said cause some people are crazy.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Or you can step the crazy level up to force the relationship into a breaking which will help determine if it's worth saving after all. Tell her you are pregnant and the babydaddy is in jail and you trying to break him out, say you need her help with the jailbreak. If she refuses then proceed to tell her how bad of a friend she has been since she gave birth and you feel that you are a third wheel with the baby around,even go as far as suggesting adoption. See how she reacts to the new level of crazy, and go from there, or just break up like I said cause some people are crazy.

This is probably the best advice in the whole thread. :laugh:
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So you didn't really want advice, just to vent. I'm good with that. Hope you feel better.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    So you didn't really want advice, just to vent. I'm good with that. Hope you feel better.

?

I did want and get advice.

I am going to talk to her when I see her on Sunday. Not entirely sure how best to approach the situation yet or whether it's worth trying to sort it or better just to end the friendship, but I know it can't go on like this.