How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Options
elainecroft
elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
I'm just curious - If I am not working out, I get up at 6:45 (or 6:30 if it is my turn to walk dog) to get out of the house at 7:15. This includes shower, dressing, packing breakfast and lunch. I see some people say that they get up more than an hour before they leave - what do you do with this time? Do you like having extra time in the morning, or do you still feel rushed? I'm not counting working out, or if you have kids - I know those can significantly add to your time!

Replies

• ScarletteS
    Options
    About an hour...I get up at 4am, shower, makeup, hair, getting dressed, brew coffee. :5:10 out the door! :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Depends on if I wash my hair or not.

If I throw it up and don't wash/dry/straighten it, obviously it takes less time.

Usually from shower-walking out the door it takes me about 35-45 minutes.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    The alarm goes off at 6:00am, and I'm off to work around 7:45-7:50. During that time, I take the dog outside, take her for a 30min walk, feed, water her, etc. Then I have my coffee while logging into MFP, stay on MFP for 10-15min. Bath (live in an old house w/no shower stall), get dressed, make up, make my breakfast to take to work, make sure hubby has his meds. Dog goes outside 1 more time, then into the kennel and I'm out the door.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Showed, shaved and clothes ironed night before. No breakfast.

10 minutes flat in the morning.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Wake up by 3:50am. *kitten*, Shower, Shave. Dressed, Grab my lunch and out the door within 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:40a to make coffee and spend a few minutes with the wife, then help her get out the door by 6am. Takes her about an hour. I get the kids up at 6:15a and I get the three of us showered, dressed, fed, and out the door by 7a. I can get ready in 10 minutes personally though.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6:30 and don't leave until about 7:40. I like to drink my coffee and watch the news and take my time in the morning!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It takes me an hour, typically, and I'll add 15 minutes if I have to take care of dogs.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I need at least a minimum of 10 minutes. I can be pretty speedy if i I want.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    if i stay offline--45 min. i need coffee and some wake up time.