Runners United To Remember - for Boston

Options

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Running a race on Saturday and will wear the bib!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I signed up and while I can't run this week (DRs orders) I'm definately going to be walking 3 miles tonight!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning (treadmill) to honor all the families impacted by yesterday's tragedy. 26 minutes at my own (slow) 4.5 mph pace (1 for each mile of the marathon), and 2 more pushing a little bit @ 5 mph on random incline for the 2 adults who died, then 1 more minute sprinting @ 8 mph for the 8-year old (Martin Richard) who lost his life. My heart goes out to all those families today. <3

I love the idea of running 8K for Martin too.
  • sebachie
    sebachie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Already Joined! Great idea to focus on the positive!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    all signed up - ran today (4 miles). will run tomorrow with bib on.
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k today in honor, will run again tomorrow!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Im in!!!!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Running 5k tomorrow in solidarity.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Running 5k tomorrow in solidarity.

Thats my thing tonite! Im running a 5k!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Got my BIB!!!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm running in an event tonight in a race shirt with the runjunkees bib on!! Don't have Facebook, but I follow Dan (@runjunkee) on twitter and am psyched that people can come together and grieve in such a positive uplifting way!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Me too....my heart is broken.
    My legs still work.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I was born and raised in Boston. I am not much of a runner and am currently extremely out of shape after suffering a health problem earlier this year. Right now I cannot run more than 3 miles but next year I will be running in the Boston Marathon, I will run for my city, for the lives lost , for the lives forever changed, for the heroes who sprung into action after this terrible event occurred. Never have I been more determined, we will not let them scare us, we will not let them terrorize us or minimize our spirit. Boston is a city of champions, America is a country full of strength and today we stand together, not just the runners but all of us. I will happily take part in this.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. And if the mods move this over to the *kitten* chat board, i swear I will raise a holy stink the likes of which will be talked about for years to come. It belongs here for the athletes.
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was upset that I had gotten off track with my eating & exercise for the past week out of busyness & lazyness...

Got over myself and got up this morning and ran.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning, my longest run ever (3.1 miles/35 minutes), and afterwards, when I was feeling so great about myself, I immediately started thinking about all those runners who were setting out for such a major accomplishment and had that marred.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm In
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Just ran 5K for Boston - my fastest time ever (26:10)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My running club has organized a run for us to do this tonight.