Hello

Options
I decided to join this site about a month after a friend told me about it. Last month I did a health challenge, but realized that I need another resource to help me keep track of my progress.

I was recently told by my doctor that I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and that weight loss would be helpful. I've been wanting to loose weight for a while now, but that diagnosis was what has kicked my butt out the door (and down the street walking the dog). I'm still doing my own research on PCOS, but if anyone has any books or articles they'd like to share, I'd be grateful.

I'm also looking forward to the possibility of making some weight loss friends. I will be supportive and as encouraging as I can and hope the same from you. I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you search on topic on here about PCOS? I know I have seen other speak about it.
  • bunnigun
    bunnigun Posts: 12
    Options
    I haven't, but I'll shall take a look around. Thanks! :smile:
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! You WILL get to your goal, and we are here to encourage you! I'm about 40 pounds overweight, and my weight is effecting my ability to have children. So lets lose weight together. I'll keep my eyes open for any research or articles i come across. And walking is a fantastic way to excercise, and i'm sure your puppie is greatful too!