Vegan free taco recipe.

Options
GetSoda
GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
This is one of my favorites. It's delicious and full of bioavailable proteins!

8oz Ground Beef (Your choice of leanness. I like 93% lean to keep things healthy. You can sub in ground chicken or turkey if you want to eat a third kind of animal!)
4oz bacon
1 cup of jack cheese, shredded finely
8oz of thinly cut steak. Often sold as "for carne asada." Looks like sheets of steak.

1. Cook the bacon on a cast iron pan until crispy. Crumble the bacon, and leave the bacon fat.
2 . Cut the thinly sliced meat into circles and fry in the bacon fat for 45 seconds each side. Set them aside when done.
3. Drain most the bacon fat, then put in the 8oz ground beef.
4. Brown and cook thoroughly.
5. Place the ground beef, cheese, and crumbled bacon evenly into the carne asada taco shells.

If you have left over carne asada shells, pour some cheese on them and make carne asada quesodillas!

Enjoy!

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    if you had good flour tortillas they'd be made with lard anyway.
  • MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I laughed so hard when I read the title of this recipe. It sounds amazing! :)
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    :huh: :laugh:
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    LOL. I thought this was a mistake at first, but I see that it IS IN FACT vegan free? lol
  • MissNieves329
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bacon with anything sounds good to me, but I try not to.:flowerforyou:
  • ac7ss
    ac7ss Posts: 15
    Options
    Aren't herbivores technically Vegan? Hence the beef is not vegan free. (Pork on the other hand...)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Aren't herbivores technically Vegan? Hence the beef is not vegan free. (Pork on the other hand...)

I suppose you could use puma or whale meat, if you're concerned about what your food eats. However, your food's food probably eats grass or some evil manmade supergrain like Corn.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks!