Just started Turbo Jam!

Options
Calling all Turbo Jam students or grads! Tell me about your experiences, share some pics, add me, and we can motivate each other!

Anyone? :)

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Shameless *bump!*
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I am doing Turbo Jam and love it. I still have a bit to go but with this and Hip Hop Abs, my clothes are getting super baggy.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam! I've been doing it for a few weeks now. So glad to see a fellow Jammer. Most people do Turbo FIRE now.

I won't be posting any pictures since I'm only a few weeks in, but I can say I've lost about an inch off my hips and 3 from my bust since I started. I feel great and Chalene keeps me SO MOTIVATED. I look forward to each and every workout. Feel free to add me!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Awesome!!! I want to lose a little weight before I integrate some lifting in with my cardio. Thinking I'll continue Turbo Jam and add in some body weight work outs. Hip Hop Abs is on my list of cardio to-do!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Jam about 3 weeks ago...and I LOVE IT! i look forward to it every day...i kind of go through turbo jam withdrawals if i don't do at least 1 turbo jam exercise.

I have not dropped any weight...but it may be because i am not eating enough. So over the last week I have increase my calories.
    I have gone down a few inches, but I have not really checked in the last few weeks. I have definitely noticed changes in my appearance though when I look in the mirror!

Either way - I burn about 700 cals/workout, and I just feel really good after the workouts.

Just stick with your learn and burn and 20 minutes until you get the moves down! Let me know what you think of it!
  • cassy30
    cassy30 Posts: 18
    Options
    TurboJam was awesome!! Every now and then i still do those workouts, but i bought TurboFire back in August! I just love Chalean! She is a awesome coach! Now i just need to buy Chaleanxtream. Boy, u can tell i dont got it yet, that is not the correct spelling! :indifferent:
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! It was my intro to Chalene Johnson, who I just love! From there, I went to TurboFire and I still love it!!! I had great results with Turbo Jam, I started doing it after I had my son and needed to lose the baby weight. Then went on to TurboFire after its release a couple years ago. Feel free to add me!
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is great! I did Turbo Jam for a couple years before I had my daughter and I loved every minute of it. I recently got back into the healthy habit and am trying out TurboFire now. I'm in week 14 of that program and I love it as much as I do Turbo Jam! Good luck to you. It's an amazing program. Feel free to add me too. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! It was my intro to Chalene Johnson, who I just love! From there, I went to TurboFire and I still love it!!! I had great results with Turbo Jam, I started doing it after I had my son and needed to lose the baby weight. Then went on to TurboFire after its release a couple years ago. Feel free to add me!

How would you compare the two? I'm on week 14 of Turbo Fire and already thinking about what I'll do next. I really like Chalene Johnson so was considering Turbo Jam or ChaLEAN Extreme.
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options

How would you compare the two? I'm on week 14 of Turbo Fire and already thinking about what I'll do next. I really like Chalene Johnson so was considering Turbo Jam or ChaLEAN Extreme.

TurboFire is harder than Turbo Jam, much more intense! The TurboFire workout that reminds me the most of Turbo Jam is Fire45EZ, the reason for that is because there are no fire drills and no jumping - but Fire45EZ is still one of those workouts I struggle through...I can make it, but it's tough even now! In Turbo Jam, there are fire drills, but they are not of the intensity of Fire...not by far! What you're getting with Jam is mainly straight up cardio...it's fun and the music is great...but not as fast and furious as Fire! I remember the first time I ever did Fire and I thought I was going to just die! I was glad I had done Jam first because at the very least I had a grasp on the choreography...the fire drills incorporated into the workouts was a whole other story though, lol! After I finished Fire the first time, I did a ChaLean Extreme and Fire hybrid. I really love ChaLean Extreme and I felt like even though I was done with the schedule of classes that came with Fire, I didn't really feel like I had conquered them all, so I wanted to keep going until I could get through HIIT 30 without throwing up! There are some cardio classes with Extreme, but if you do the hybrid program (which should be in the back of your TF schedule) you would be doing Fire instead. Or, you could mix it up with some Turbo Jam and Fire. I usually stay away from Fire on days after I do a heavy lifting routine or HIIT 25 or 30 because my legs can't handle much jumping the following day so I try to stick with straight up cardio. If I want added intensity, I put on the weighted gloves and keep my feet on the floor! Right now I'm doing a combination of Les Mills Pump, Combat, Fire and a couple times a month I'll do Jam.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

TurboFire is harder than Turbo Jam, much more intense! The TurboFire workout that reminds me the most of Turbo Jam is Fire45EZ, the reason for that is because there are no fire drills and no jumping - but Fire45EZ is still one of those workouts I struggle through...I can make it, but it's tough even now! In Turbo Jam, there are fire drills, but they are not of the intensity of Fire...not by far! What you're getting with Jam is mainly straight up cardio...it's fun and the music is great...but not as fast and furious as Fire! I remember the first time I ever did Fire and I thought I was going to just die! I was glad I had done Jam first because at the very least I had a grasp on the choreography...the fire drills incorporated into the workouts was a whole other story though, lol! After I finished Fire the first time, I did a ChaLean Extreme and Fire hybrid. I really love ChaLean Extreme and I felt like even though I was done with the schedule of classes that came with Fire, I didn't really feel like I had conquered them all, so I wanted to keep going until I could get through HIIT 30 without throwing up! There are some cardio classes with Extreme, but if you do the hybrid program (which should be in the back of your TF schedule) you would be doing Fire instead. Or, you could mix it up with some Turbo Jam and Fire. I usually stay away from Fire on days after I do a heavy lifting routine or HIIT 25 or 30 because my legs can't handle much jumping the following day so I try to stick with straight up cardio. If I want added intensity, I put on the weighted gloves and keep my feet on the floor! Right now I'm doing a combination of Les Mills Pump, Combat, Fire and a couple times a month I'll do Jam.

Thank You!! That was very helpful. I think I may check out the hybrid TF / CE workout.
  • size8pants
    Options
    I just started Turbo Jam and I LOVE it! Nice to see that there are other people here doing it too.
  • NESIBEAU
    NESIBEAU Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Whats the weight loss like with turbo fire?