Naive Me

Options
2»

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Wow... that sucks kind of like AMWAY back in the day... They would lure you in then lock the doors... and 2 hours later when they were not outlining a pyramid sceam you walked out dazed and confused 200 dollars lighter..and a poubd or so heavier (They had cake)...

People still do AMWAY i beleive!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, some of the products at Amway are great, but I'm not interested in their new weight loss thing. AT. ALL.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's pretty funny :)

Not directly related, but I was in the 'health' section of the grocery store the other day where a lady was selling a healthy 'fruit drink' and giving out samples.

I asked her if I could look at the bottle and she obliged. When I looked at the label I read, "10% juice" and then skimmed down to the nutrition facts and read "Sugar......80g". That's more than 2x a can of coke!

I'm not exaggerating, I literally started laughing. I explained to her that what she was selling was neither healthy nor a fruit drink to which she replied, "It's over there and it's on sale, thank you". LOL, good stuff :)
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a classmate tell me last week she was going to do Advocare. I'd never heard of it before so I looked it up. Looks unpleasant. I told her at the time that I was using MFP and it was free and that I didn't think meal replacement shakes and these weird funky things they have going on were a good idea... BUT! She's young and wants a quick fix. She wasn't receptive so I just let it go.

I don't care what people are selling, I don't like anything when it's being pushed and shoved in my face. I don't understand why people can't fathom that simple idea.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!