Sooooo hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, and more protein! It will keep you much fuller than carbs (not to mention way healthier).
  • tharlan
    tharlan Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat whole 30 /paleo style. My first two weeks I was hungry and soooo tired. I added in a protein powder and I've felt amazing ever since. I've lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks and I eat whenever I'm hungry. I also workout 60 minutes a day 6 days a week. That give you more room to eat as well. Good luck finding your balance.

Terri
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - didn't know that diaries could be open or closed (dooooh). I am struggling to find healthy snacks instead of biscuits...I think that the exercise rating for my job might be a bit low too because although a teacher I am on the fifth floor of the building. I probably dash up and down those 10 flights of stairs at least 10 times on a good day. Perhaps I need to get a pedometer.

Have just devoured some celery to try to fill up a bit.

This counts as exercise. you need food.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies - in the end I had a long hot bath and a pamper session instead of biscuits (they sat in the cupboard crying, but I ignored them).

So the action points I'm going to take
    - rethink breakfast (eating breakfast at all is new for me so I do struggle to force anything down) and experiment with getting some protein in my breakfast.
    - only look at the calorie column in my food diary for the moment (I stop eating when I can't think of anything to eat that has no sugar or fat etc)
    - try to find some snacks which are practical for work but include healthier calories

I was planning to start exercising next week - there is never time or energy in the first week of a new term because of the number of after school meetings. The planning is swimming twice a week to start off with, once the weather improves (please, please improve), I'll walk into work everyday that I don't have a late meeting. As I really don't enjoy any sport this seems like a compromise.

Thanks again guys.

If you don't like breakfast, do not eat it. Save the calories for later in the day. There is no reason to actually eat breakfast. Many of our successful member do interim fasting where you fast for 16 hours and eat all your calories in an 8 hour window. What matters though is hitting your calorie goal. But it doesn't matter if you get 1700 calories from 1 meal or 8 meals, weight loss will be the same. So if you don't like breakfast, skip it and eat a large lunch and dinner or add snack later on.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I find Green Tea helps sometimes, plus zero calories!
  • bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I joined and thought I was doing okay, the scale went up. Talk about despair.
    made the commitment to stick with it and now it has gone down. So I am excited about the
    1 pound.
    Stick with it. It will get better.