30 day shred.

Options
Does anyone else think that it is too easy?
I am on day 5 of it and can't really see a difference in anything.
The first day i did it, i also felt as if it was quite easy.

Since i think it is easy, do you think that i will still see results?
If anyone feels similar with this or close to, feel free to add me for support.

Replies

• cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Now I feel like a big wimp! I just did day one of level one yesterday and thought I was going to die! My legs are quite sore today but I am determined to keep at it.

Keep in mind it goes up in levels so maybe the next level will be more challenging for you and if this level is not hard enough make sure you are doing the harder exercises.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Now I feel like a big wimp! I just did day one of level one yesterday and thought I was going to die! My legs are quite sore today but I am determined to keep at it.

Keep in mind it goes up in levels so maybe the next level will be more challenging for you and if this level is not hard enough make sure you are doing the harder exercises.
    No No! This wasn't to make anyone feel like a wimp. lol
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    30DS is a beginner level workout program that is primarily based on the stuff they make elementary school kids do in PE classes. It is not meant for people who are already fit. Most of Jillian's stuff is "entry level" and if you find it to be too easy then it's best that you steer from Jillian entirely.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it seems pretty light if you have been using weights at all prior to starting. Except those lateral raises and I can't do a full push-up.

Since I do struggle through a couple of things, I do it once a month as an informal fitness test. When I can do all of the lateral raises and push-ups, I will use level two as my fitness test...

You could use heavier weights, though.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity and bought 30 day shred last Friday to change up my routine a bit. I thought it would be more intense, and I've seen tons of posts with before and after results but it doesn't seem that challenging. I did level 1 and my arms hurt a lot the next day since Insanity doesn't use weights. Then I did level 2 a few days later and still wasn't that challenging. I do think it's good for the arms, maybe mix in some running on the days to really see results?
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I've been doing insanity and bought 30 day shred last Friday to change up my routine a bit. I thought it would be more intense, and I've seen tons of posts with before and after results but it doesn't seem that challenging. I did level 1 and my arms hurt a lot the next day since Insanity doesn't use weights. Then I did level 2 a few days later and still wasn't that challenging. I do think it's good for the arms, maybe mix in some running on the days to really see results?
    Yes i do run each day while doing it. 4-6 miles hoping that helps.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Yeah, it seems pretty light if you have been using weights at all prior to starting. Except those lateral raises and I can't do a full push-up.

Since I do struggle through a couple of things, I do it once a month as an informal fitness test. When I can do all of the lateral raises and push-ups, I will use level two as my fitness test...

You could use heavier weights, though.
    See that is what i found weird, i don't really use weights ever so i found it kind of odd that it was so easy.
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred...again lol. maybe because im not that fit it is challenging to me. I did see great results the first time I did it and I just lost focus so im doing it again. you may be a little more advanced in the fitness area so you probably feel different when you do it
  • mnavoy
    mnavoy Posts: 7
    Options
    What level are you on? I skipped Level 1 altogether (as it recommends more fit people do). I'm on day 9 of level 2 and some days I do better than others but it's still tough. Level 3 is really difficult if you ask me.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    What level are you on? I skipped Level 1 altogether (as it recommends more fit people do). I'm on day 9 of level 2 and some days I do better than others but it's still tough. Level 3 is really difficult if you ask me.
    level 1 day 5 and it just seems so easy
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not to the point where I can call myself fit yet, but I do find the 30DS to be somewhat easy, if not a little boring. I still get a decent calorie burn for the 26 minutes...
    I would suggest maybe trying Level 2 or even 3.
    But like someone else already said, if you're already fit, it may not serve you as well as those of us who aren't quite there yet, lol.
  • mrskylegreer
    Options
    Does anyone else think that it is too easy?
    I am on day 5 of it and can't really see a difference in anything.
    The first day i did it, i also felt as if it was quite easy.

Since i think it is easy, do you think that i will still see results?
    If anyone feels similar with this or close to, feel free to add me for support.

You might be just more fit than the rest of us. It's not quite as challenging as i thought it would be, either...but, i've lost 1 1/4" off of my body in the first 3 days of doing it...granted, i do it twice a day, but it's working for me! I can't wait to see my end results!
    Maybe try doing level 2 first, or get 6 week 6 pack...that one kicks my butt, but it's not too bad.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips!!!