HELP-High Fat Diet

Options
So I've been trying to eat pretty healthy but am finding that my diet is high in fat. Generally the fat comes from healthy sources (like eggs, nuts, olive oil) but I am wondering if these numbers are still too high. I think I'm averaging about 35%/week from fats. Feel free to check out my food diary and provide feedback.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Plenty of people aim for 65% of their calories from fat. As long as you're getting adequate protein you can eat as much fat as you'd like.
  • LadyPippen
    Options
    If you're eating items like nuts, eggs, olive oil, avacados, fish....anything with Omega 3 fatty acids, you're doing great! Myfitnesspal cant tell the difference between good fats and bad fats. You're eating all the good fats, which is what us women need for hormone balance and its also great for your hair, skin, nails, cardiovasculat function and other essential things the body needs because the body cannot produce essential fatty acids on its own. If youre gonna cut back on fat, make it the bad fat from cakes, cookies, pies and ice cream. Dont cut back on the good fat
    So I've been trying to eat pretty healthy but am finding that my diet is high in fat. Generally the fat comes from healthy sources (like eggs, nuts, olive oil) but I am wondering if these numbers are still too high. I think I'm averaging about 35%/week from fats. Feel free to check out my food diary and provide feedback.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat 30-35% fat. Fat doesn't make you fat and fat is not the enemy. Just eat a balanced diet and you're fine. My macros are 40c/30p/30hf, but usually come out closer to 30-35 protein and 30-35 fats and 25-30 carbs.