Quick Tip To be Instantly More Attractive

Options
sugarandspice27
sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
We all know that red is HOT, HOT, HOT but here's the science to prove it.

"There's something about red. Studies suggest it makes women more attractive to men, and new research indicates red lipstick on waitresses is no exception. A study in France found that red lipstick boosted female waitresses' tips from male customers, though not from female customers. Researchers had seven waitresses wear red, pink, brown or no lipstick while serving 447 customers in three restaurants in the town of Vannes. In France, tipping is unusual because a 12 percent service charge is included in the price of the menu item.

The researchers, Nicolas Guéguen and Céline Jacob of the Université de Bretagne-Sud, found that male patrons gave tips more frequently to waitresses wearing red lipstick than to other waitresses, and, when they tipped, they gave more. This effect was found only for the red lipstick, not the other colors. A waitress's lipstick or lack of it appeared to make no difference in how female patrons tipped.

Previous research showed men gave more tips to female waitresses wearing full facial makeup, but until now no study has looked at the effect of lip color alone, the researchers wrote online April 17 in the International Journal of Hospitality Management.

The "red effect" has shown up elsewhere. In prior research, women photographed against a red background were rated as more sexually attractive by men, but not by other women. Men found women in red clothes more attractive and even sat closer to a woman in a red shirt versus a blue one. Crimson isn't just for the ladies, as research published in 2010 found that women from the United States, Germany and China found men wearing red to be more attractive and desirable than guys clad in other colors.

As for the appeal of red lipstick, others have suggested red lips could be associated with estrogen levels, sexual arousal and health."

http://www.livescience.com/20243-waitress-tips-red-lipstick.html

Replies

• Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't wear lipstick. That's funny though because red cars are statistically shown to make people drive faster.

Something about red is sexy!
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    Apparently it's exciting for men and woman alike.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Problem with this is, some of the women may have just been more attractive period than the others to the men. Could have been eye color, hair color, weight, height etc . To say it was just the red lipstick, clothing or background is pretty off.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    also, be rich.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    Problem with this is, some of the women may have just been more attractive period than the others to the men. Could have been eye color, hair color, weight, height etc . To say it was just the red lipstick, clothing or background is pretty off.

I'm assuming this was a controlled study in which they showed the same women except with different backgrounds.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My guess is that red in the face most likely is a sign of a good cardiovascular system and a healthy female, our brains want to pass our genes along to the best mates, to get those mates we try to show we are able to provide which is the reason for the larger tips.
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    wear magnets
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i put a picture of myself up with bright red lipstick on a dating website. I thought it was the worst of the three pictures I had on that profile. It was the one that was liked to almost exclusion by the men.

when I wear my red lipstick now, my boyfriend can't help but kiss me right away...even knowing it's going end up all over him....

red is hot.

it just is.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    i put a picture of myself up with bright red lipstick on a dating website. I thought it was the worst of the three pictures I had on that profile. It was the one that was liked to almost exclusion by the men.

when I wear my red lipstick now, my boyfriend can't help but kiss me right away...even knowing it's going end up all over him....

red is hot.

it just is.

I've been on the search for my perfect red for a long time! I get close, the best I can do is a red wine color.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    So when a woman compliments me, and I turn red cuz I am a bit shy, she gets even more interested.

Perfect.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    <--red.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    The best and quickest tip to instantly more attractive:

SMILE. :bigsmile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I thought the answer was going to be alcohol :laugh:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Fakery doesn't count.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    red is very sexy and men like to drool over it.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    Or maybe the study is skewed because the women that have mroe confidence more likely wear the red lipstick.:glasses:
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    It is bold, it has attitude and confidence. It wants to stand out. I definitely agree with the findings!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't like red all that much but my wife likes it when I wear red. Maybe that's why.
  • LZW212
    LZW212 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    With that said I realize I only own one red shirt. Maybe women will find me more attractive if I wore red colored clothing more often.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Knew there was a reason I bought a red car.......