Favorite Pinterest recipe?

Options
Hey Everyone,

Like many, I am truly addicted to Pinterest. I primarily use the site for home decor ideas, cleaning tips, and most often, the recipe ideas. Can you share your favorite recipe found on their site?

Replies

• FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Garden vegetable hummus pizza. Delish!!
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a couple :) Not all low-cal healthy recipes!

Pumpkin Bars (So delicious, but most likely very unhealthy)
    http://www.piarecipes.com/2012/11/pumpkin-bars.html

Southwestern Chili (much healthier than the squares!)
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-slow-cooker-southwestern-2-bean-chicken/

I also had an amazing summer salad with diced tomato, cucumber, avocado, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh cilantro. I can't find the link for that one, but darn was it good!!
  • vanfammon
    vanfammon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite is pre-prepped smoothie bags for the freezer.

1 handful cleaned, chopped kale
    1 handful strawberries
    1/2 banana
    Sweetener (stevia my fave) to taste

Put in a ziplock baggie and freeze til you are ready to make a smoothie. I also add a 1/2 scoop of whey protein and 1/2 cup of almond milk at the time I am ready to use. You can add any fruits you like or veg like spinach. I also love to add chia seeds after blending.
  • willRUN4Beer
    willRUN4Beer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Pinterest too....SO much good stuff on there! Maybe the fish tacos that I just made into a fish taco salad without the shell:
    I tweaked this as I do everything, so this is what I did...and I don't measure exact:

For the fish:
    1 pound tilapia, or other firm white fish (I used 6 thawed perch filets)
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder
    1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tsp olive oil, juice and zest of one lime

For the slaw:
    1 package (16 oz.) of coleslaw mix
    1/4 cup Kemp's (2Tbsp = 40 cal/2.5 g f) lt sour cream 1/4 c ff Oikos Greek yogurt
    juice and zest of one lime
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
    corn or flour tortillas or not, your choice!

Homemade pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onion, lg jalepeno, 1 lime juiced, bunch cinlantro, garlic powder, salt)
    2 Avocados

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap your tortillas in aluminum foil; put them in the oven if you are using them.

Zest and juice the limes into two different bowls. I used one bowl for the fish and one for the slaw, to simplify things. In the first bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lime juice and zest to incorporate it. Whisk in smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the thawed fish to the marinade. You can marinate it overnight, but with the lime juice I would suggest only a few hours maximum (I didn't marinate it at all, I just dipped the fish in and placed in baking dish).

In the second bowl, whisk the sour crm & ff yogurt into the zested and juiced lime. Add in the cumin, chili powder and cayenne, along with salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Toss the cole slaw into the dressing and let sit in the refrigerator while you finish the fish. This step can be done the day before, or just a few hours before.

Bake the fish on a baking sheet in a single layer for 15 minutes, or until the fish is white and flaky.

I just put one serving (1/6th) slaw on my plate, toped with 1/6th of fish and encircled it with pico and sliced 1/2 an avocado. – enjoy!

Low carb option: ditch the tortilla, and serve the fish over a bed of coleslaw! All of of the flavor AND low in carbs! Perfect.

For me... 1/6 of it without the tortillas was just under 300 cals (that's with 1/2 of an avacaco if I entered it in right).
    I'm eating the last of the leftovers tonight and I WILL be making this again.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Last night I finally made something I found on Pinterest...I'm always pinning and never cooking lol! I made Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai and it was soooo good haha can't wait for leftovers! The serving size is huge too wooo!

Here's the linky:
    http://stuffweate.blogspot.com/2012/01/chicken-pad-thai-made-with-spaghetti.html
  • vanfammon
    vanfammon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are into pinterest you may already know "Skinny Mom" if not check it out it is a group of moms posting many tips about diet, exercise, home etc.. I love it.
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will pin just about every caloric blow-out recipe to my board....

Then I will utilize my willpower and grill up some spaghetti squash and smile!
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Blackeye Peas Salad with Lime-Garlic-Cilantro Dressing. I've made it several times, sometimes interchanging black eyed peas with black beans, adding kale, or sauteing the onions. It's so flavorful and delicious! And you get to use a mortar and pestle if you want. ;-)

ETA: http://pinterest.com/pin/257690409898643537/
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Pinterest too....SO much good stuff on there! Maybe the fish tacos that I just made into a fish taco salad without the shell:
    I tweaked this as I do everything, so this is what I did...and I don't measure exact:

For the fish:
    1 pound tilapia, or other firm white fish (I used 6 thawed perch filets)
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder
    1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tsp olive oil, juice and zest of one lime

For the slaw:
    1 package (16 oz.) of coleslaw mix
    1/4 cup Kemp's (2Tbsp = 40 cal/2.5 g f) lt sour cream 1/4 c ff Oikos Greek yogurt
    juice and zest of one lime
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
    corn or flour tortillas or not, your choice!

Homemade pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onion, lg jalepeno, 1 lime juiced, bunch cinlantro, garlic powder, salt)
    2 Avocados

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap your tortillas in aluminum foil; put them in the oven if you are using them.

Zest and juice the limes into two different bowls. I used one bowl for the fish and one for the slaw, to simplify things. In the first bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lime juice and zest to incorporate it. Whisk in smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the thawed fish to the marinade. You can marinate it overnight, but with the lime juice I would suggest only a few hours maximum (I didn't marinate it at all, I just dipped the fish in and placed in baking dish).

In the second bowl, whisk the sour crm & ff yogurt into the zested and juiced lime. Add in the cumin, chili powder and cayenne, along with salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Toss the cole slaw into the dressing and let sit in the refrigerator while you finish the fish. This step can be done the day before, or just a few hours before.

Bake the fish on a baking sheet in a single layer for 15 minutes, or until the fish is white and flaky.

I just put one serving (1/6th) slaw on my plate, toped with 1/6th of fish and encircled it with pico and sliced 1/2 an avocado. – enjoy!

Low carb option: ditch the tortilla, and serve the fish over a bed of coleslaw! All of of the flavor AND low in carbs! Perfect.

For me... 1/6 of it without the tortillas was just under 300 cals (that's with 1/2 of an avacaco if I entered it in right).
    I'm eating the last of the leftovers tonight and I WILL be making this again.

omg i need this inside of me.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest...I have the Roast chicken with milk and lemon in the oven right this second. Yummmm!
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everyone should post their healthy or clean eating recipes from Pinterest here! I'm constantly looking for new recipes to try out at home. We use a lot of turkey and chicken, and have been adding in veggies.

Before my weight loss started, I LOVED the spaghetti bread.