Need to be toned quickly

Options
I have 9 days until I have an event I want to be toned for. I'm already relatively fit, I just want a little more definition! I plan on eating healty, drinking lots of water, and hitting the gym. Any suggestions for specific exercises/machines that would help me be more defined in a short period of time?

Replies

• luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try out the Daily Hiit - you burn some serious cal for 24 hours after your workouts! They're only 12-20 min long, and you can do them in your living room. Either that, or look up HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and do it on any cardio machine. Good luck:)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You could try carb loading for a very small possible visual difference if you're doing something like a photo shoot on a specific day. I doubt it will make much of a difference but you can give it a shot. You're basically doing all that you can do. If you had 90 days someone could give you further advice but you're not going to change anything in that short amount of time. Just stick with what you're doing.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/simple_approach_carb_loading.htm
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Start taking creatine if you aren't already.

It'll put on a couple pounds of fake muscle almost immediately. It is useful from a performance POV, but it will also cause your muscles to hold water, which will make them appear larger and firmer.

It is just transient though. Stop taking creatine and the effect goes away.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    cut out your salt like crazy. Drink lots of water. Talk to a trainer at your gym. Do one big workout right before your have to go to the event... your muscles look bigger immediately after a workout.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    spray tan