HELP

Options
Ok, so just to give a little background about me. I have tried to lose weight over and over again since I was probably like 10 and I am now 24. I have tried weight watchers, counting calories, low carb, slim fast and even nutrisystem! I once lost about 20 pounds on weight watchers, but afterwards I gained it all back and since then its just been creeping up and up. I'll get really tired of not losing weight and then I'll try something new and lose maybe 5 pounds and then it stalls. Then I get aggravated that nothing is working and I get sad and give up, which is counterproductive as well. I am at a point now where I don't know what to do. I've been looking into different things but I am just not sure. Anything advice would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Start logging for a month and i mean everything that touches your lips...sips of drinks, little bites of this or that, it all adds up. Stick to it for about a month and re-evaluate then. Good luck on your journey, you CAN do this!!!!!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Start by logging so you can get a picture of exactly what and how much you're eating. Then, start to scale back portion sizes and look for places to make swaps, extra lean ground beef in place of ground chuck, tomato based sauce instead of cream, lowfat dairy instead of full fat, etc. Add in green leafy veggies and fruits as snacks, try to avoid junky stuff. Don'tb e afraid to start slow. You want to make new habits, tat's what makes the loss last. Add in movement. Find something you like, again, start small and slow and gradually build up.

On the days you feel like giving up becuase things have stalled, just think of it this way: I can keep going and maybe lose, definitely not gain, or I can go back to old haabits and definitely not lose and very likely gain.