Adult Swim Leagues, anyone?

Options
I swam in high school, note: HIGH SCHOOL, over four years ago, and even then I wasn't the best on my team. I clearly wasn't the worst, I was probably in the top...30% or so? Anyhow, I would love to join an adult league, but I was looking it up online and I came across the results of some of their meets. In my age group girls were swimming a 50 free in 24 minutes...I seriously think I never got below 32 in high school. I didn't necessarily challenge myself then, or try very hard to improve, but I'm scared of joining something with a bunch of people that are going to make me feel bad about myself if I can't keep up.

So has anyone joined an adult league? Are the people friendly? Or are they super-serious, no-nonsense people? Because I want to enjoy what I'm doing, not dread going...

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think you meant 24 seconds...
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oops. Indeed I did. There would be no competition at all if they were swimming it in 24 minutes.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    LOL. Ok so I have worked for a swim club for many years. They have a Master's program, which is basically for swimmers no longer in hs/college who want to do structured workouts. Our coaches are nice and the participants are nice. They have different lane speeds so you should have no problem fitting right in. You can find a program near you here

http://www.usms.org/
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much!!