5'0 Girls - Need Some Advice

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
Hi ladies (or men, if you so choose)

I'm 5'0 and currently 193. I've lost 34lbs (my lowest weight was 187).
MFP has me at 1410 for calories, and I'm not losing. I upped it to 1700, didn't lose, went to 1600, didn't lose, and am now back down to 1410, still not losing. 2 (or so) weeks ago I was 190 and I've been fluctuating between 190 and 193 since. I haven't seen 187 since November. My UG is 150 but my initial goal is 175.

I am currently doing 30DS, on day 22 (i think) and am planning to do Ripped in 30 after.

So, how many calories do you eat? Any advice? Suggestions? Help.

Replies

• abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How often are you waiting before calorie jumps? I know diet is mostly exercising but are you doing any? I recently went keto but, You might benefit from calorie cycling to break yourself out of the rut that you are in.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit taller 5' 1, but I don't think height really has anything to do with it.

Before Christmas I was running 3 times a week and going to ww. I was losing, but didn't feel great.

Feb signed up to a personal trainer, he suggested I give up grains, which I did. In fact I've cut back on my carbs a lot - I get most of them now from fruit/veg. I eat 1500 + most days. I lift weights, pretty heavy, 4 days a week for 45 min, Interval training twice a week and some misc cardio like a run/cycle 1-2 times a week. My diary is open - far from perfect and I don't log every day....but keeps me more or less accountable. I try and keep my sugar in check, but sticking to a paleo (kinda) diet means this is automatically kept in check. Also while I'm losing, I'm trying to keep the fruits low, but I still have a couple of pieces a week - lots and lots of veggies!!

Since March, I feel great, I mean I feel just fantastic. I'm bouncing out of bed in the morning, increased sex drive, found my speeds in running are increasing, etc... I'm considering going fully paelo for the 30 day challenge and then re-introducing dairy/legumes back in to my diary to see how they suit me.