Bad knees: ChaLean Xtreme, P90X, something else?

Options
I've had 2 ACLs, 3 reconstructs, have 4 titanium bolts holding it together- both legs affected- so this isn't a small issue :(. I've been doing Ripped in 30 (modified from my awful knees- no jumping & no low squats- i know pylometrics aren't even a consideration) and it leaves me feeling unfinished. I could do twice the length. I should lose about 15 lbs but way more importantly I'd like to be toned for the first time ever. Any suggestions where to go from here?

Replies

• Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • cassy30
    cassy30 Posts: 18
    Options
    U said some tough things! There is one program called slimin6 i know people that did get toned with this workout. Its a full body workout. They use bands. That is there main tool. U should check it out
  • CoachAnnaG
    Options
    Hi Sassy, I just saw your post. Just to make sure I understand you've used Chalean and P90X but it's not easy on your legs. I have done both so I understand how strenuous those workouts are. Are you looking to lose the 15 lbs and then tone?
  • Sassybmom
    Options
    Hi Sassy, I just saw your post. Just to make sure I understand you've used Chalean and P90X but it's not easy on your legs. I have done both so I understand how strenuous those workouts are. Are you looking to lose the 15 lbs and then tone?

No sorry... I've only done Ripped in 30 & wondering what to do next that's more challenging but also easily modified for bad knees.

Thx for the suggestion Cassy30 :)
  • qlk77
    qlk77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would consider looking into a boxing video. It would give you cardio and strengthen your upperbody but no stress on lower (hence why I don't recommend kickboxing). Maybe see if you can find some freebies online to start? I like Jillian's No more Trouble Zones (more strength than 30DS) and you can just modify lower body stuff (I have to as I have 1 bum knee)
  • Sassybmom
    Options
    I would consider looking into a boxing video. It would give you cardio and strengthen your upperbody but no stress on lower (hence why I don't recommend kickboxing). Maybe see if you can find some freebies online to start? I like Jillian's No more Trouble Zones (more strength than 30DS) and you can just modify lower body stuff (I have to as I have 1 bum knee)

Will do tysm! 30 DS hurts me just to look lol the knee stuff is impossible on that one