crossfit tabata squats

imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Wanna challenge, and in 4 minutes? try em...you'll start by squatting arms outstretched in front of you, start squatting to the bottom, all the way down, for 20 seconds, don't drop the arms, once your 20 seconds are up, you'll rest, but at the bottom of the movement, which means stay in the bottom squat position and hold it, with your arms outstretched in front of you for a 10 second "rest", now do this 8x's and you;ve completed 8 rounds, a total of 4 minutes, your legs will be like noodles :laugh: :wink:

Replies

• slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Tabata routines are a killer. I won't be able to walk for a few days after doing one of them. Maybe in a few months :happy:
  • imagymrat
    Tabata routines are a killer. I won't be able to walk for a few days after doing one of them. Maybe in a few months :happy:

lol..so the truth, I did these on Sunday as a finisher for my legs, and today, my leg day once again, i'm still quite sore fromthm..they work though, 4 minutes of pain, but they show results.
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    OY VEY....I could barely do the isometric squats my trainer had me do yesterday...took me 4 reps to get up to 1 minute...not good. I'll get there though...
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    That's exactly what I need!!!!! thanks :wink:
  • I LOVE Tabata workouts. My trainer did a series called "Tabata this: push ups, then situps, then squats, then row and then pull ups" all in the tabata style with sets of 8 - 20 sec on and 10 sec off. Yep. I did throw up and couldn't walk for 3 days but it felt sooooo good to do!!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Sounds good. When I want to kill my legs will give this a go :)

I love tabatas but I personally like to mix up the exercises and do it as a circuit working a heap of different body parts e.g. I might do pullups for 20sec, rest 10sec and then do jumping jacks to give my arms a bit of a rest and then do another set of pullups.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    I love Tabata workouts!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    It's not a Crossfit tabata til you also do this with situps, pullups, and pushups in the same workout ;-)

Joking aside, definitely worth incorporating into your routine.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Check out this video for the squat technique imagymrat describes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVcD2_2dXg

It's the first scene after the initial speech about women and fitness.
  • imagymrat
    Check out this video for the squat technique imagymrat describes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVcD2_2dXg

It's the first scene after the initial speech about women and fitness.

actually it is crossfit, because you're not actually resting, your rest period is a static hold which qualifies it as a crossfit tabata workout...sorry.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    no WAY...I like walking too damn much!! :laugh:

I did do a move I liked with the trainer though. It was a squat on the bosu ball (sp?) I had to balance with 10 lb ball type weight in my hands (with handles?) hold in front of me then slowly raise and lift the ball over my head.

My butt is burning today.............woo hoo
This discussion has been closed.