Replies

• donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    mine is an ad for a sim card, I know I haven't googled for that :-/
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    At least I am not seeing the animated, rotting banana any more. I was getting tired of that one.

THIS! YUCK! I hate this one!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine was "You Need a Budget" software. Probably from all the Dave Ramsey items I look up.

I actually went to McDonald's last night and was only 6 calories over my MFP calories goal. Even if it was a McDonald's ad to my right it is still my responsibility with what I put into my body. If people can't overcome an ad with their weight loss goals, they are going to be in for a struggle.
  • baileygirl_5
    baileygirl_5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have an ad for custom sewing labels. Must be because I look at quilting blogs. At least it's not the old, wrinkly dancing woman with belly flab. Ugghhhhhhh...... That one makes me want to SCREAM!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting ads either.
  • freebird777
    Options
    IIFYM

I see you post this a lot. I love it. It helps to remind me that there are things that are worth the effort of fitting them into my macros and there are things that aren't. Apparently McDonald's isn't for me.

I do appreciate the IIFYM philosophy. And honestly, it really helps knowing that it's okay to have some flexibility in what you are eating, as long as you keep your calories and other macros in check. HOWEVER...I think there is some danger. I fear that people will think "Okay, I'm going to eat all the junk and fast food I love as long as I stay in my macros...and I'll be healthy!" Sure, you might lose weight. But I think people need to be aware that processed foods and fast foods, if eaten CONSISTENLY, will make you a very unhealthy person in the long run. Even if they do fit your macros.
  • freebird777
    Options
    *CONSISTENTLY...sorry, grammar and spelling are my pet peeves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Right now I see an ad for the American Cancer Society. Yea me!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine says Purina dog food and I don't have a dog. What's up with that?
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    At least I am not seeing the animated, rotting banana any more. I was getting tired of that one.

THIS! YUCK! I hate this one!

aaaand now it's BACK! Thanks A LOT! :grumble:
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ads because I use AdBlock but when I unpause it I got one for Kayak.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I see an ad for t-shirts with a big dog's face on it from a company called The Mountain, which sounds odd, but which actually makes sense as I bought a couple of those shirts from their website.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I get all kinds of ads pop up that I think, "really? you are so desperate for sponsors that you allowed these *kitten* to advertise on MFP?"

Exactly. That's all I was saying. I'm not online searching for food contrary to what some of you boneheads like to assume.
  • sc10985
    Options
    Like others have said, your ads reflect what you have been doing online. The world has moved on to individualized marketing.

So it's not about MFP, it's about you.

My ads are for AARP health insurance and 5 veggies that kill stomach fat. Ha!

Wrong.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    LOL, apparently your ads are a reflection of your cookies and search history, so what have you been Googling, huh? :wink:

Yup, the ads have some kind of relation to your searches lol.

Just ignore it, they need ads to pay for this service you are getting for FREE.
  • sc10985
    Options
    LOL, apparently your ads are a reflection of your cookies and search history, so what have you been Googling, huh? :wink:

Omg. Is there someway I can just delete this whole post? You people are driving me mad and are totally failing to get the point.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, your ads reflect what you have been doing online. The world has moved on to individualized marketing.

So it's not about MFP, it's about you.

My ads are for AARP health insurance and 5 veggies that kill stomach fat. Ha!

this is not 100% accurate. I have vitamins ads popping up and ive never searched for vitamins online. I also have the MCD ad popping up and i've sure as heck not been googling that place!
    Now ive got some ad popping up about home owners and that's nothing i've searched online either. I am at work, very restricted here and i'm shocked i can log into MFP!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Omg. Is there someway I can just delete this whole post? You people are driving me mad and are totally failing to get the point.

Stop coming back and reading more then.
    :huh: