2014 Boston Marathon

Options
bigphatcat
bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
This is a call for information of interest for the 2014 Boston Marathon. There are two ways to run in the Boston Marathon. To qualify you need to be able to run a Marathon in 3 hours 15 minutes for men and 3 hours 45 minutes for women. The other way to run the Boston Marathon would be to run for charity. I want to know if an MFP group would be willing to run for charity as a consolidated group, whether you qualify or not, getting donations from all around the country. In addition to interest in donations we would need runners who would like to Run the Boston Marathon, perhaps with with team shirts or whatever. MFP, given the number of members can be a powerful source of charitable donation. I am not a runner but I am willing to help organize. I couldn't do this alone so I would need others to help organize as well, perhaps someone familiar with the legal setup of charity. I have a couple of people on my FL who would like to run it whether they qualify or not. My motivation is anti-terror. I hope next year's Boston Marathon is a record run. So any interest?

Replies

• bigphatcat
    Options
    bump
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to run and I also have no idea how to organize something like that but I could offer some financial support and also help to spread the word!!
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    keep me updated on any progress you make and what not. Let us know what you need.
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    thanks I appreciate it....Hope this catches