Weight?? Body fat?? Size??

Options
How do you figure your goal? Are you going to a certain size? Do you care about weight? Is it your BMI? Your body fat%

Mine was weight but I am thinking maybe just BF and size?? I just don't know...hard when you get closer to your original goal weight and it moves way to slow....

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Initially my goal was a weight. but now that I am at that weight, my goal is a lower BF% (currently 24% - goal is 19%).
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific goal anymore. I'm happy with my body how it is and really only care about increasing my lifts at the gym. Oh actually I guess one goal I have left is to get some visible abs :) . It'd be nice to lower my bf % a little more but I don't have a specific number in mind.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    How do you figure your goal? Are you going to a certain size? Do you care about weight? Is it your BMI? Your body fat%

Mine was weight but I am thinking maybe just BF and size?? I just don't know...hard when you get closer to your original goal weight and it moves way to slow....

1 Weight (for I was huge) => 2 Body fat percentage (to consciously avoid the danger zone) => 3 Targeted size(s) (some for work purposes)
  • ricklperry
    Options
    I have a weight goal. Once I'm close ill figure out if a bf goal is needed.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Initially my goal was weight. But, weight is just a number that nobody knows but me, and the doctor's office..... so who cares. I'm more concerned with body fat %. A lower body fat % will translate into smaller in size. And being healthier and stronger. Win/Win.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set goal. No weight, BF% or size is going to miraculously be "IT."

For anyone interested in long-term success there is no point at which one is "done." I'm making lifestyle changes that I plan to continue forever.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My goal was always a specific weight. But I didnt lose the weight the right way, and in hindsight which I had done more reading earlier in my journey. Now, my goal is BF% of 20%
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My goal is getting stronger and having a bangin' body.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    More a size goal than a weight goal. When I can look in the mirror and feel comfortable with what I see, I know I've gotten where I want to be. Also, when I impress my husband with how I look. I just have a weight on here because when I was that weight, I was that perfect size.
  • LillyLove28
    Options
    I started out with triglycerides(health issues), than weight, but now that I started a more intense workout I do check my BF for health reasons. My main goal at this moment is to improve cardio fitness, it feels so good to be able to jog!
  • william622
    william622 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    when all of my abs show lol
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

^^This for sure. Initially I had both a weight and size goal, but they clearly don't match! Twenty years ago, I was the same size, but 20 pounds lighter due to having zero muscle mass :-) Now, going for a specific size and ability to keep it!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a size... but if my body fat gets lower I'm happy too.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel like body fat % is probably the best goal, but it's not exactly convenient for me to have it accurately measured.
    I used to have a goal weight based on a BMI that was in the middle of the healthy range, but I don't trust using BMI to determine what weight would be healthy for me since it doesn't account for body composition.

Basically I'm watching the scale and taking measurements because it's conveninet, but I think my concrete goals are more based on clothing size. Currently I'm in a 16 and trying to get to a 12.
    When I get to a 12, if I'm still overweight I will decide where to go from there, but I don't really care to be smaller than an 8. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just want to get healthy and don't care about "thin".
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I want to lose enough to be able to run. But, I have to be able to walk before I can run. I can walk a bit more now. The most I could walk last year was around the block, I am up to 45 minutes at a time now.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    My objective is to be healthy for the long run. This is a journey. Choose your battles carefully. Trying to optimize all at once does not work for me.
    I have achieved my weight objective after 15 months of a healthy living journey that includes both successes and reversals. Yay ! Now for the next mountain, Body Fat.
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fit, healthy, hot.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Good question! I think that it was initially about the ideal "weight" but now it is about my BF% that I want to get down to and the size that I want to wear that makes me feel better. I'm wearing a size 8 now and that feels pretty darn good! :bigsmile:
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I care about not being fat anymore lol. I would like to be in a healthy BMI or at least under 200lbs