I had a massive binge :(

Options
Cookies, ice cream, donuts, candy... What is wrong with me :(. I hope I haven't undone all my hard work. What should I do to recover from this

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    drink some water, go to bed, and start over tomorrow.
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. You can definitely recover from one binge day, just get a fresh start tomorrow and think about how you felt today if you're thinking about binging tomorrow. Your body needs some treats now and then :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    drink some water, go to bed, and start over tomorrow.

this.
    try to get to the bottom of your binging and find out what triggers it, so it isn't a problem in the future. do you have a history of binging or was it a one time thing?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    What is massive # wise? Start new tomorrow!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i had TWO horrible binge days.. two double my calories days... and i did gain from it... but i also lost it back within a week. drink some water. let the guilt go. move on. and start again tomorrow. just do not give up now.
  • hellothere1212
    Options
    I do have a history of it which caused me to gain a lot of weight. I was doing so well though and didn't binge for 9 months. Now I'm going back to my old habits :(
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It happens, don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day. I used to just say I was going on a diet and the binging would start. This is NOT a diet, this is changing your life. You can do this!!!
  • marlabrown148
    marlabrown148 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's happens and it doesn't make you a bad person. Hang in there. :)
  • AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It happens. (Just happened to me, too, with carmel turtles, almond M&M's and Symphony Bars :frown: ) Try not to get discouraged, grit your teeth, and start the next day fresh. You can do it! Just try to remember how good you feel when you eat right and keep in mind how you feel after a binge. That might help too. Oh, what really helps me is to simply get that stuff out of the house and out of reach if possible.

Go for it and Good Luck :bigsmile: !
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Cookies, ice cream, donuts, candy... What is wrong with me :(. I hope I haven't undone all my hard work. What should I do to recover from this

Next time you binge do it in front of a mirror totally nude and really look at yourself, critic yourself... your wiggling and giggling self and then see if you can take that next bite.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had a mini binge myself, today. Pumpkin pie, chocolate and frozen fruit bars. (We lost a family member to cancer today). I managed to put myself in check after lunch and am trying to spend the evening on MFP to keep me on track until bed.

I don't think you can undo weeks of work in one day, but it may slow down the scale for a day or two. All is not lost...get back on track and move on. Spend an extra few minutes on the treadmill tomorrow or even take a walk this evening if it's not too late where you live. But mostly, just put it behind you (no pun intended) and work on a plan to help prevent the next one.

Best of luck.

Lib
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    What kind of donuts were they?

I miss donuts sometimes.

I notice a lot of people go to donut shops in the morning, and they have them with coffee. I always think to myself that is THEE WORST possible decision you could make to start your day with. I understand it for a dessert but jeez.... talk about digging your own grave.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Get a little extra exercise if you can and get yourself psyched back up for your healthy life-style change.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Happens to a lot of us. It happened. Just go forward. It won't completely reverse everything, just give you a little extra to work on for the next week.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Nine months is really good! Try to look on the bright side. :) You lasted much, much longer than most people I know. The current record among my friends is 193 days without a binge, so you've beat all of us.

Go ahead and log it, drink some extra water, and don't step on the scale tomorrow. Just go back to what you were doing and then weigh-in as normal later this week or next week.

Sometimes I eat too much and get bloated to the tune of 3-4 pounds, and sometimes I eat too much and end up losing that week. I've learned to roll with it. :)
  • veronikaf
    veronikaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i always drink some sort of hot beverage after, like hot water with lemon, or green tea. hope this helps!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    What kind of donuts were they?

I miss donuts sometimes.

I notice a lot of people go to donut shops in the morning, and they have them with coffee. I always think to myself that is THEE WORST possible decision you could make to start your day with. I understand it for a dessert but jeez.... talk about digging your own grave.

Isn't that weird? One of our house guests will bring home a dozen donuts when she gets off work as a bartender and eat nothing but donuts that day (4 or 5 of them). She's not fat, either. I don't know how she does it!
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Id look at the why, if this is something you are prone to do. So dust yourself off, and climb back on to the wagon.
  • goodbyefatme
    goodbyefatme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it! We all have bad eating days. The only thing that would totally undo your progress would be if you decided to stop living a healthy lifestyle for good. One thing to examine is that perhaps your calories are too low? Are you restricting food groups too much? Sometimes these things can trigger a binge. Be kind to yourself and move on :)
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    You are not alone. It took me 10 days to overcome Easter Weekend with my 4 grandsons. Drink more water. 8 glasses is minimum. I got stuck and a friend, who is a fitness fanatic, suggested I divide my body weight by 2 and use that number in ounces as my personal daily water minimum/day. It worked the pounds started falling off. As another member suggested try and find out what your triggers are for binging and avoid them. Mine are salt and sugar. I try and keep them out of the house. If I stay away from those, I do OK. Just stay with it.