logging insanity!

Options
Hello,
I am waiting for my insanity workout in the mail and just wondering how you are logging this workout? I am so excited to start it! until it gets here I've been doing 30 Day Shred to try and get in shape- but according to the infomercial I'm in for an *kitten* kicking.
Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I log mine as circuit training , and yeah u r in for an *kitten* kicking , take care and have fun with insanity :smile:
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting a HRM that tracks calories and then enter a custom Instanity workout into the workout database. I'm still doing P90X and thats what I do to track my calories. I have Insanity and have done Pure Cardio as a substitute for Kenpo X that was a tough 35 minutes.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with wjassell, get a heart rate monitor! It is the best for you!!! I did my first round of Insanity last fall then did P90X through the winter and amabout to start my second month of my second round of Insanity with Chalene Xtreme and running mixed in!! Would love to lose about ten pounds but I am fighting hypothyroidism and dang it just won't back down but neither will I!:smile:
    I wish you the best and come on over and join us insane ones on the Insanity thread started by ripely36, a great group who will help you alot!!! Have fun!!
  • scottthimons
    Options
    Have fun with insanity. I am finishing up on Sunday and my body can use a break, but the results are worth it. If you don't have a heart rate monitor log your workout as circuit training, but bump up the duration a little bit because the circuit training figures on less activity than what you are goiing to put in. *kitten* kicking does not even begin to explain what you are about to get into. Good luck and have fun with the impact this has on your body.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree about the HRM it's the best tool you can have for losing weight! I seriously burned 600-700 cal the first month and 800-1000 the 2nd month of insanity.
    Good luck have fun with it!