Painful Plantars Fischiatis (sp?)

sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am heavy...5'5" and 255lbs. I just graduated cosmetology school.....and well I have been suffering with the WORST feet pain EVER. every time that I get up on my feet I am crippled...it is excrutiating. I went to several shoe stores, tried on several pairs of shoes and shoes with insoles and nothing helps. I have an unusually high arch and instep, on a small size 6.5 foot.....it is so bad. I am gonna do my best to get the exercising done....but AHHHHHHHHHHH I have tried the funny sock and find that I somehow remove it in the night.....not comfortable, I stretch it before I get up but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Seems if I wear a small heel I can get through the day and then ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Any idears would be greatly appreciated.

:drinker:

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    My doctor had me take Aleeve for inflamation. I have to avoid a lot of walking long distances as it will make my ankle hurt. For workouts, the Elliptical machine, or stationary bike are low impact and wont hurt your feet.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    My doctor had me take Aleeve for inflamation. I have to avoid a lot of walking long distances as it will make my ankle hurt. For workouts, the Elliptical machine, or stationary bike are low impact and wont hurt your feet.

Thanks, will try aleeve. I have a Gazelle that sometimes hurts my feet for a bit. will try that, I don't have a gym membership and won't be able to get one as no one here at home is working at the moment.....so lotsa stretching, pain reliever and exercise I suppose.

thanks again :heart:
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    I've had plantar fasciitis in the past. The podiatrist told me to wear good arch supports. (You can get them over the counter.) He told me to never walk barefoot, which means even having shoes or slippers with good arch supports by your bed. It took awhile, but this worked for me. Plantar fasciitis is no fun. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.