Best exercise routine/diet to shed belly Fat

Options
If anyone can recommend an exercise plan and diet to shed bell fat asap! I am 5'2 113 pounds but need to shed fat in my waste/abs. I have several Jillian DVD's but wondering if there is a specific schedule or routine I should try to speed up my results.

Thanks!

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    you can't control where fat comes off. you can just burn fat and see where it disappears from until it's all gone.
  • reetz54
    reetz54 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know you can't spot reduce, just wondering what routine/diet others did that really helped them loose belly fat.
  • soulcage
    soulcage Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds more like you need to add some "spot" toning exercises more than trying to diet it off. Good old fashioned sit ups or some resistance training might help. I would just focus on a good healthy diet with veggies, chicken and fish, cut out the fats and sugars and focus on muscle toning..
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my belly and I've been doing HIIT on the elliptical and it's going down. HIIT is the best way to burn fat, especially belly fat. BUT it's also what you eat. Clean eating will help too. And you should be lifting at least 2-3 times a week.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Eating at a caloric deficit makes you lose fat. Exercises to build abdominal muscle will help reveal it, but it's rather difficult to build muscle while at a deficit. Likely it will take some cycles of bulking and cutting to really smooth out your belly. If you do it with diet alone you'll lose just as much muscle as fat and you'll be thinner but still flabby.