Setting weight on MFP ticker...

Options
So currently, I have my ticker set to the weight when I actively started using MFP which was in March 2013. I actively started working on losing weight around the beginning of Feb or possibly late Jan of 2012. Which means I have lost more than 12 lbs since I started. So I lost a lot of weight last year over a short period of time (just exercising and taking gnc metabolism women multivitamin), I gained some back over the holidays and during the period of which I moved. Anyway I posted a topic a week ago, worried about the fast weight loss and no one seemed to take me seriously since my ticker only showed 12 lbs weight loss.

So my question is, should I set my ticker to the weight I was when I started working on losing weight or should I just leave it as is?

Replies

• iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Set it to whatever makes YOU happy. If you post on such a topic again, just explain that your ticker is just tracking what you lost since you joined. I lost about 40-50 lbs last year too, but am not tracking that. For me it was post-surgery, and I haven't lost anything since (I hadn't gained anything back, so I was happy about that!)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Set it to whatever makes YOU happy. If you post on such a topic again, just explain that your ticker is just tracking what you lost since you joined. I lost about 40-50 lbs last year too, but am not tracking that. For me it was post-surgery, and I haven't lost anything since (I hadn't gained anything back, so I was happy about that!)

I made the mistake of cutting back on exercising over the holiday's, since I wasn't counting calories then there is no way for me to tell how much I ate. I like the thought of having a visual reminder of how far I've come and yet I'm a little conflicted as to whether or not I should even count before using MFP. I have a very hard time making up my mind when it comes to things like this. If I change it, it will show a 55lb loss and if I keep it as is, it will only show 12lb loss.