a reminder of how far you have come (pics)

Options
erinxo13
erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
Sometimes you need a little reminder of how far you have come. Over the past few months I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds, its a plateau~ I guess but I'm working through it - life has been crazy....but sometimes it's so frustrating I forget how far I have come. A few months ago when I hit -40lbs I posted a forum topic about my progress so far...and I saw some new pictures this week and I had to share how proud I am with the rest of MFP.

Long story short - I started MFP on May 29, 2012, the day a friend introduced me. We have been on this journey together trying to get healthy and feel better about ourselves physically and of course mentally as well. I do not want to post my weight on here but I am 5'7 and have lost 42.4lbs so far. I'm 22 and in my last semester of university, I also work part time in a kitchen environment.

Anyway, here are some pics. I still have a long way to go to my goal weight, but its just amazing to see how far I've come.

(first photo was right after an exam - so I looked a bit exhausted anyway but still look at the difference)

April 2012 (over a month before I began this journey) vs. April 2013 (last week)

9jmzgw.jpg

March 2012 vs. March 2013

2z5lrvo.png

May 2012 in NYC vs. April 2013 in NYC

10h7uv5.png

It's just nice seeing progress, because sometimes this gets very stressful and annoying and you just wanna cry and not do it any more...but things like this really make a difference, even more so than the progress pictures I take monthly.

I just wanted to express my excitement lol.
:smile:

*edit to fix size.
also title should be how far I have come I suppose lol.

Replies

• daciaschoolfield
    Options
    Fantastic job so far.

Keep up the great work!
  • Missallison7691
    Options
    You're an inspiration that's for sure! Great job
  • erinxo13
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    how wonderful for you!
    Continue on your fabulous journey to better health and graduation!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You give me inspiration.
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story with us!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • erinxo13
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Pictures do help keep me focused as well, I just broke a plateau (my first) and they are frustrating, I empathize! Keep up the good work, you look great! Every healthy choice is a win!
  • Angiebabe2
    Options
    Such a pretty face

You are a star
  • Critty44
    Critty44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Erin, you look great! Your progress is so evident in your pictures! You should be really proud of yourself. I know how hard the journey is, we just have to keep reminding ourselves of how much we want it. Keep up the good work! Best wishes for continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • manleymann
    manleymann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last weekend. I put on my pants that I could barely fit into a year ago. That was eye opening. Great motivation and a great reminder that you can not always go by the scale. I am down 38 lbs. in 12 months. At age 53 and post menopause, I have to remind myself I am not in my 20's anymore and it just doesn't come off at the same rate. Plus working out totally changes your body. Pilates and weights....You look great and keep your eye on the fact that it is a lifestyle not diet :)
  • michielee
    michielee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are a definitely an inspiration! You look amazing and I am sure you feel amazing. Keep up the good work :) Would love it if you added me as a friend. I can use all the inspiration and motivation I can get.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! Keep it up! You look great!!!!!
  • erinxo13
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate it!:flowerforyou:
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are a real inspiration! Great job! Keep your chin up and before you know it, you will reach your goal!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!! GREAT job!!! Keep it up!!!! :smile:
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!