What are the top movies that inspire you?

Options
2»

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    V For Vendetta, hands down.
  • MichelleKacz
    Options
    So many movies inspire, there are just a few:
    Juno
    Little Miss Sunshine
    Priscilla Queen of the Dessert
    Dead Poets Society
    Hesher
    Half Nelson
    High Fidelity
    Before Sunrise
    After Sunset
    Trainspotting
    Taken
    Braveheart
    Life of Pi
    The House of Sand and Fog
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    The Green Mile
    PS I love you
    The Wrestler

Hows life of.pi...
    It was a bit too on the religious side so if that irritates you, you'll hate it, but overall I thought it was sweet (probably cause I'm an animal lover and a bit of a dreamer) and it made me think (I usually consider movies that do that to me "good")
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    So many movies inspire, there are just a few:
    Juno
    Little Miss Sunshine
    Priscilla Queen of the Dessert
    Dead Poets Society
    Hesher
    Half Nelson
    High Fidelity
    Before Sunrise
    After Sunset
    Trainspotting
    Taken
    Braveheart
    Life of Pi
    The House of Sand and Fog
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    The Green Mile
    PS I love you
    The Wrestler

Hows life of.pi...
    It was a bit too on the religious side so if that irritates you, you'll hate it, but overall I thought it was sweet (probably cause I'm an animal lover and a bit of a dreamer) and it made me think (I usually consider movies that do that to me "good")
    Read the book before you see the film. You should feel the main character's conflict over choosing a religion and how he uses all of the ones he's interested in to do what he does. I haven't watched the film because I enjoy the intended ambiguity of the book so much that I don't want someone to choose the ending for me, not even for theatrical purposes. And believe me, normally I can appreciate a book-based movie on its own merits, but there is an art to the way the storyline was posed in this book that doesn't translate well to a movie.
    [/quote]
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Boogie Nights
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    peaceful warrior...I can relate a lot to this movie.

Lots of others but I will leave it at that.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The karate kid 3 with jaden smith

I believe that would be the 5th Karate Kid since 1,2, and 3 were all Ralph Macchio and 4 was Hilary Swank...for me I think I would have to put only the first one down as inspirational.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Anything Pixar.
    Agreed!
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So many good movies on these lists. One I didn't see or might have skipped over is "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken." It's based on a true story of a girl during the depression and is sappy fabulousness.
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    Grandma's Boy
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    +1 for Life is Beautiful.

One of my favorite movies is Meet Joe Black. Now hear me out. I thought it was a chick flick and never felt compelled to watch it. One night at work one of the kids of the woman I work for was watching it though, and I really really liked it. Another night I felt like watching it again and boyfriend was skeptical, also thinking it was a chick flick, but he really liked it too. There is a romantic understory but there is so much more to it than that. If you haven't seen it, you should. I can just about promise you'll like it.

Also Big Fish.
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Border - An inspirational War movie(from 1971 war) where 120 Indian soldiers on foot fight against 2000 odd enemy soldiers with 45 tanks and able to not only withstand but also repel the attack with a very high kill ratio ie 20:1.Included in one of the most inspirational battles in war history.

3 Idiots - A movie of 3 friends where 1 friend challenges the traditional spoon fed education system by his innovations.This involves romance as well.