Would you class me as lightly active?

Options
Sorry, i'm sure it's an incredibly boring question but i work in a (cupcake!) shop and am stood all day, i only sit at lunch. I do lots of cleaning/serving and running errands. I used to work in an office and classed myself as sedentary. I've put myself as lightly active which has given me an extra 100 calories a day.
Good or bad move you reckon?

Replies

• colinprice526
    Options
    If you're not stood in the same place all the time, which I'm guessing you're kinda not...I'd say good, I calculated standing at work processing orders and weighing goods to be similar to 1 to 2 hours of steady walking. Something I'd never taken into account before.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job. I do my exercise bike 20 minutes Monday to Friday (30 minutes each Saturday and Sunday). I always consider this light exercise. Am I right?
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I would Personally go off your TDEE-20% using the Scooby calculator or fat2fit and input it in manually..but that's just me. If you need more info please ask!
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think lightly active sounds just about right ... I mean the only thing that changes is the amount of calories you get... Im willing to bet you probably burn more than 100 in your everyday activities (not including exercise) So even if you eat the extra hundred you will most likely burn alot more than that.

Kathymhardy, she is asking about your pre set activity level, not if a certain exercise is light, but Depends on at what intensity you bike at as to weather or not 20-30 minutes of biking 7 days a week is light exercise.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you, agggie.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Poking around a bit it looks like standing should burn at least 12 more calories per hour, or more, so 100 extra calories seems reasonable and possibly even undershooting.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you!