Plateau, Stand-still, etc... NOW WHAT?

Options
NOW WHAT??

I've been doing this thing for something like 75 days now, and I've found that I'm at a terrible stand-still. My beginning weight was 150-ish pounds, and right now I'm 140-ish. I've been able to get there by dieting (though the past couple of days I wouldn't call it that) and running. Don't get me wrong- I'm no competitive runner. I run a trail a few times a week for about 2.5 miles, and really, it's jogging. Anyway, in the beginning, the weight was having a lovely time departing. Now it seems more fond of me.

What is the next step for me? I'm no fitness expert... but should I pump up the volume in my workouts? Consume less carbs? Fast for two weeks? Drink exotic detox teas and go to a sweat lodge?

I need some motivation and direction, i.e. HELP!

P.S. What are some tricks for running in humid heat?

Replies

• The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey- we have all been just were you are. I can't help with the runnin part, I don't run unless being chased. lol- The Plateau issue and breaking of it is os different for everyone. When I hit it last year my doctor suggested making one change "eating" and upping the workout. So when you look at your daily/weekly totals if your Carbs are high cut them back and give it 7 days. If you see the break you want you stay with that until you plateau. Then you change something else, a Plateau is just your body and system adjusting and being comfortable with what you are doing.
    Hope this helps.

Tammylee