300 calorie lunches

Options
I need some suggestions!

I've been eating a lot of homemade soup, and salads such as salad nicoise, and grilled chicken with salad. I'm also eating a lot of roast vegetables (roasted without oil). Salad nicoise is probably my fave - I just use a tinned tuna, a boiled egg, leaves, peppers and some olives. So easy!

I'm going back to uni next week and want to make sure I have interesting lunches or I know I will start eating rubbish. If it's something I can eat in the library that's a bonus...

Replies

• timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If you can get some of those 100-calorie breads (like the smart bagels), a can of tuna (100 cals) and mix in some light mayo and relish, tomato and lettuc you got 300 cals right there. A whole can goes a long way, too!
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Also, Publix (idk if they have them in your area) has a turkey cobb salad which, including dressing, is exactly 300 calories and really filing and delicious!
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take two soft floor tortillas (Old El Paso @ 128 cals per wrap), with a triangle of laughing cow light spread in each (25 cals each) and some lettuce. Ok, that's 306 cal but close! I'm in the UK but assume you can get similar products wherever you are.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    You could replace the chicken on your salad with grilled salmon. You can buy dried red kidney beans, pinto beans and garbonzo beans. Soak them in water over night cook them slowly without salt, then rinse, bag in meal sized servings and freeze them. They are a great addition to any salad.
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Have a look on my blog, I have 100kcal snacks, you could had several of these together - plenty of choice :)
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You could replace the chicken on your salad with grilled salmon.

How will that help keep the cals down?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My lunch today

Tomato - Raw, Red, 4 slices
    Wattle Valley Soft Wraps-Lite White - Wrap, 1 wrap
    Fresh - Prawns, 160 gms
    Generic - Iceberg Lettuce, Raw, 1 Large Leaf
    Australian - Capsicum - Red, 25 g
    Avocados - Raw, 50 g

Cals 310
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's almost what I had for lunch today haha. Some tuna with mustard & pickles, & a kale salad with tomatoes, raspberries, cheese & champagne pear dressing. :smile: About 300cals total.

Pasta dinner I had tonight was about 300 cals. Maybe if you made some & brought in leftovers? Some high fiber penne was 180 cals, made with cup of tomatoes, garlic, & some alfredo sauce ~120 cals.

A couple snacks together - 6oz Greek yogurt & a high fiber bar ~280 cals. Probably gonna have that tonight haha
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You could replace the chicken on your salad with grilled salmon. You can buy dried red kidney beans, pinto beans and garbonzo beans. Soak them in water over night cook them slowly without salt, then rinse, bag in meal sized servings and freeze them. They are a great addition to any salad.

Or, just buy tinned. This is a first world website, n'est pas?

Salmon equals chicken?
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Ya, sorry, OP, that wasn't very helpful, was it.

50g boccacini, halved
    3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
    fresh basil
    balsamic vinegar

200 cals

Chicken to add up to 300 cals
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options

but she is a poor student & dried cheaper!!
  • emergencytennis
    Options

but she is a poor student & dried cheaper!!

Haha, too right! Too removed from my student days...
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    BLT sandwich. Two slices of Sara Lee lite and tasty bread -90-
    1 tbl lite mayo-35-
    lettuce- around -20-
    tomato- around -25-
    jenni o turkey bacon, 4 slices -120-

Total 290
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I rather drink tea for breakfast and eat double for lunch. I mean your options are going to be limited so anything with oil and bread is going to be hard if you're looking for a satisfying lunch. Check out some Asian noodles they tend to be pretty low in calorie.

You can make a lot of things with greek yogurt. Example would be like 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, chicken or tuna, with some curry powder, raisins, celery, and some diced apple... basically a curry chicken salad you could have on a bed of lettuce or make lettuce wraps.

Gazpacho is pretty low calorie, egg mug with ham and onion.. could easily turn it into an egg sandwich... I like doing marinara sauce with veggies...
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You could replace the chicken on your salad with grilled salmon.

How will that help keep the cals down?

similar in calories but good for variety