experiences eating bodymedia/kifit calories

Options
I've recently got my bodymedia and as most are im surprised by my burn! I was wondering how people have found eating to it's calories? Did you see an initial gain in weight? I'm looking to increase lean muscle so eating just above maintenance.

Thanks for any replies.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I found my burn was higher than I expected. I'm still playing with deficits trying to,find what works for me.
  • tahinilove
    tahinilove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!

How long have you had yours for?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Since Jan. no weight loss yet.
  • jett254
    jett254 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My burn is higher than I expected. I've slowly upped my calories and so far, haven't gained at all (I'm in maintenance).
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    My burn was also higher than I expected. I've had it for about a month and I've lost 3.5 pounds in that time. My goal is half a pound per week, so I'm actually losing more than I was targeting.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    My burn was also higher than I expected. I've had it for about a month and I've lost 3.5 pounds in that time. My goal is half a pound per week, so I'm actually losing more than I was targeting.

Well done. How much do you have to lose.
  • tahinilove
    Options

That is so great!! What deficit have you been using ? And i hope you don't mind me asking what you burn?
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    My deficit and my burn vary quite a bit. I keep my body guessing! :laugh: On an average work day with no extra exercise I burn around 2000+. If I add a JM workout I can get an extra 200 or so. On the weekends I'm a beast. I take a two hour pole dance class on Sundays and I usually go horseback riding Saturday and Sunday, so I can burn upwards of 3000 if I do both activities in one day. My target deficit is 250 a day, but I tend to go over during the week and then have 400-600-800 deficits on heavy weekend workout days. I usually eat anywhere between 1800 and 2200 calories, just depending on the day.

Although my ticker says I have 15 pounds to go, I'm not sure that's what I want at this point. I'm 5'4" and 135 pounds. I thought I wanted to be 120 because I remembered being quite slim at that size, but I have a lot more muscle than I used to have. Like many MFP ladies, I am starting to think seriously about heavy lifting in which case the scale will go into retirement anyway.
  • tahinilove
    Options
    My deficit and my burn vary quite a bit. I keep my body guessing! :laugh: On an average work day with no extra exercise I burn around 2000+. If I add a JM workout I can get an extra 200 or so. On the weekends I'm a beast. I take a two hour pole dance class on Sundays and I usually go horseback riding Saturday and Sunday, so I can burn upwards of 3000 if I do both activities in one day. My target deficit is 250 a day, but I tend to go over during the week and then have 400-600-800 deficits on heavy weekend workout days. I usually eat anywhere between 1800 and 2200 calories, just depending on the day.

Although my ticker says I have 15 pounds to go, I'm not sure that's what I want at this point. I'm 5'4" and 135 pounds. I thought I wanted to be 120 because I remembered being quite slim at that size, but I have a lot more muscle than I used to have. Like many MFP ladies, I am starting to think seriously about heavy lifting in which case the scale will go into retirement anyway.

That's really great! I think it is so wise to keep a smaller rather than large deficit! Saying that according to mine my deficit is pretty beastly ha!

I can't recommend lifting heavy enough! Ive been doing it for years and LOVE it! Recently I've quit all cardio and am just lifting 4 days a week (major step as I used to over exercise!) And I'm eating more than before and not fat! Ha. My brain loves it! At first I was apprehensive because I enjoy working out but I enjoy it even more with fewer sessions - I look forward to it yet enjoy the rests!