Toning! Especially Inner Thighs! tips?

Options
I have a pear shaped body. A lot of my weight is in my butt. I put Kim Kardashian to shame with my booty :(

I also have large inner thighs. For the last 4 years they have been so bad I was rubbing holes in all my jeans. If I want to wear a dress I need to wear spanks so I don't get a rash. It stinks! Does anyone know the best way to target these areas? I know you can't target 100% But out of your own sucesses I hope to learn a trick or two to help speed up this process. I really would like to not wear spanks anymore. Especially because It;s becoming super hot out and all those layers. Yuk!

Replies

• LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm in the same boat girl, and I genuinely do feel that cardio has been the best for me! I do the elliptical and I make sure that I am holding my core tight, and not bobbing on the machine? Your head shouldn't change height, only your legs should move? And then I mix up the resistances and really get going, and I think it's helping, along with the 30 Day Squat Challenge that I have been doing, I am seeing a difference. Also try going backwards on the elliptical, it's great for the back of your thighs...
    Hope that helps...
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats, plyo sumo squats too :)
  • VanellopeeVonSchweetz
    Options
    I am a bit pear shaped as well. And when it comes to losing weight, yes you can't always target, but certain toning exercises will definitely help some. I do a lot of toning workout, strength training, circuit training etc. One that seems to work BEAUTIFULLY is Jillian Michael's "No More Trouble Zones". There are moves in that workout dvd that really target the inner thighs, like the sumos, scissor kicks, and inner thigh leg raises.

I've been doing this DVD for the last 3 weeks and have seen some good changes :)
  • cindyahrens
    Options
    I have the same problem :/
    Squats are really good, and lunges. It really tones your upper thighs. Also, if you do the elliptical at the gym, set it for a relatively high incline.
    I've started doing Pilates, and am really hoping it helps!
    Good luck!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    No advice but I am a pear shaped too so am interested in the responses. I have noticed since I added strength training classes with free weights and kettle bells and a lot of squats/lunges, my pants seem to be fitting better even though I don't think I'm dropping weight that fast. I guess I'm getting toned:)
  • dotknott
    dotknott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies, from exrx.net

Spot Reduction Myth

Contrary to what the infomercials suggest there is no such thing as spot reduction. Fat is lost throughout the body in a pattern dependent upon genetics, sex (hormones), and age. Overall body fat must be reduced to lose fat in any particular area. Although fat is lost or gained throughout the body it seems the first area to get fat, or the last area to become lean, is the midsection (in men and some women, especially after menopause) and hips and thighs (in women and few men). Sit-ups, crunches, leg-hip raises, leg raises, hip adduction, hip abduction, etc. will only exercise the muscles under the fat.

You'll need to lower your overall body fat percentage.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You'll need to lower your overall body fat percentage.

This.

Body fat is stored from an overconsumption of calories.

Eat at a deficit and you'll lose the body fat.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is the only solution.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lose body fat, like everyone else has said. You can not spot reduce.

You can strengthen your muscles, and I highly recommend doing so. Squats, lunges, etc. but fat loss is the only way to actually reduce the size of your thighs. Eat at a modest caloric deficit to do that.