Friday is coming:)

faithstephenson
faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have to keep telling myself that. Friday is my weigh in day, and I've been wanting to jump the gun every day this week. I hadn't lost last Friday (for reasons I could identify, not for lack of reaching my cal goals). Then I weighed myself on Tuesday, and I was down. I wanted to record it, because I wanted to see that ticker move. Then I was down more yesterday, and again today. I'm so excited to put in that number, but I'm afraid part of my motivation for doing it early is a fear it won't last to Friday. I don't have a real reason to think that, I've been doing fine on my goals. I just have to keep telling myself that I am doing the work and Friday is coming...tomorrow! As long as the numbers hold up, it should be a very good day! I do need to make good decisions today, though.

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    I was the same way last week. Can't wait till tomorrow to see how good you did also!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    I get in that same mode as well. My weigh in day is on Saturdays and sometimes I have a very hard time keeping myself off that darn scale :) But in the past I used to weigh in daily and because of all the daily fluctuations I would get so frustrated and upset when weigh in day came and I was up again so this time around I promised myself NOT to get on that scale until Saturday rolls around and so far I have kept that promise. Another way I know I am doing well is how good I feel , and how loose my clothes feel and this helps me to not focus on the scale so much. Good luck on your weigh in day :) And congrats on the 46 lbs. lost so far ...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • JustBreathe
    JustBreathe Posts: 25
    I had the same thing happen last week, no loss despite staying within calories.

There was a post a few weeks ago by one MFP-er who had lost a lot of weight, and she said that she weighs herself daily, but only records her weight when it goes down, never when it goes up. She said that keeps her from feeling down about a weigh-in. I think I might try it myself.

Becca
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Well it came, and it was even better than expected! 52 pounds down total!!!
This discussion has been closed.