Love handles

Options
What would be the best plan to get rid of them

Currently doing Insanity + Stronglift 5x5 + some extra work at the gym (ie treadmill, abs etc.)

Working with my HRM, shall get my rate to 65-80%, or push for more?

They don't seem to go down as quick as I would like to, I know that you can't lose fat specifically, but should I carry on, or add/modify some of my exercises
Thanks
JC

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    A caloric deficit
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything from special exercises to eating certain foods over the years and the only thing that ever worked was losing weight in general. It took forever (it felt like forever) but then they came off pretty quickly.
  • rdcraner
    rdcraner Posts: 11
    Options
    The part of your body where you most want to lose weight is likely the part that will lose it last. You can't spot reduce. Keep pushing...
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Be in a caloric deficit nuff.said
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A caloric deficit

Thanks

I am on a 1,790 calories per day (175cm for 77.5kg) and to be honest I am struggling to eat so little, I usually burn an average of 500/600 a day with exercise if not more some days. Are you saying that I should lower that number, because I don't think I would be able to
    JC
  • juliekins64
    Options
    Patience!
    It takes time, just like it did to make the love handles.
    If eating less is too hard then don't, you'll burn out faster.
    Consistency + patience + hard work = results and long term hotness :-)

They are answering your question about how to get rid of love handles, which is calorie deficit (general weight loss).
    No one is implying you eat less if you are already on a deficit (which you are).
    What they should have said was calorie deficit + time
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Lowering your calories would only make you lose more muscle instead of fat, so it could even make your love handles more apparent.

-500 caloric deficit should be fine.
  • jc1961AA
    Options
    Patience!

Thanks,
    Patience is not my forte unfortunately, but I still enjoy working out so it's not as bad as it could be, just would be nice to see those babies disappear
    JC
  • jc1961AA
    Options
    Lowering your calories would only make you lose more muscle instead of fat, so it could even make your love handles more apparent.

-500 caloric deficit should be fine.

Thanks, I will carry on with the routine then

JC
  • juliekins64
    Options
    Patience!

Thanks,
    Patience is not my forte unfortunately, but I still enjoy working out so it's not as bad as it could be, just would be nice to see those babies disappear
    JC

I know it's hard but you have to change the way you think/feel about weight loss. There is no finish line, yes we want to get fit and lose weight but it takes time no matter what. I wanted to be fit ASAP but what ended up happening is that I started to enjoy the process and now believe I'll never get bigger again. This is the hardest past, you can do it though.