How to use up bananas?

Options

Replies

• mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't like bananas with spots either. I slice bananas up, put them in baggies, and freeze them. I use them in smoothies every day.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Banana Cookies
    4bananas
    2cups oats
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 cup blueberries
    Dash of cinnamon

Optional
    1T chia seed
    6T flax

Mash up bananas, add oats and protein, mix well, stir in blueberries, scoop onto baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 10min
    With the chia and flax seed each cookie is 71cals

can you leave out the protein powder? I really hate artificial stuff like that.:tongue:
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes. They taste the same without it. Plus that'll lower the calories. :-)
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    Eat them plain if there not too ripe
    Freeze em for smoothies & banana ice cream with cocoa powder, vanilla, protein powder, peanut butter etc.
    Use them in healthy cookies with shavings of dark chocolate...good replacement for fat
    Put them sliced up in a bowl of oats, 2 chopped dates, and peanut butter
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have friend who eats banana and Marmite sandwiches. I love Marmite and banana's, but together?????? I'm not quite brave enough for that!
  • 133amy181
    133amy181 Posts: 17
    Options
    bump for later
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Either bake banana bread or muffins or use them in smoothies!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mash them up with some oats and bake them as cookies. They are so yummy and no sugar added!
    I'm going to try this one too! Sounds delicious!
    Do this! It's delicious! Smells like banana bread baking. I add some vanilla and cinnamon to mine. You can do it by using approximately 1 banana per 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats. Bake 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size. Here's the recipe I started using:

http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/
  • erinroro
    erinroro Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love making a smoothie with raw oatmeal, skim milk, and a banana. I add a splash of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon.
    just stick it in a blender.....there you have it. I do prefer to freeze the banana first. Some add peanut butter to that but I prefer without.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Make some sort of banana bread or banana muffins. Mushy, brown bananas are perfect.
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    milkshake!!!! **edit: I mean banana smoothies of course! haha**
  • reelkids
    reelkids Posts: 1
    Options
    I have an awesome fat free banana muffin recipe that uses 4 nanas at a time... I freeze the muffins in packs of two and have them for breakfast all week
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    First off - i really read the title of this wrong.

Secondly - freeze them if you need to.
    or you can use two eggs and some mashed banana mixed together and cook them like pancakes.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Freeze them. Then put them in the food processor with a little milk and you get banana ice cream. You have to eat it straight away though.

This...add some cocoa for chocolate ice cream. Yummy! Definitely better when the banana's are a bit more brown.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A friend was just telling me yesterday about a super easy banana cookie.

Mash up 2 bananas and mix with 1 cup Oats (Quick Oats)....make into balls and bake in oven.

Don't know how they'd taste but she said they were pretty tasty:)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    give me all you got
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I freeze them, then use a half a banana in my breakfast smoothie (about 350 calories for 16 oz). I usually only drink half cause its very filling.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A friend was just telling me yesterday about a super easy banana cookie.

Mash up 2 bananas and mix with 1 cup Oats (Quick Oats)....make into balls and bake in oven.

Don't know how they'd taste but she said they were pretty tasty:)

I found this recipe a month ago, and I love these cookies! I put 2 bananas, 1 cup quick oats, and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips.
    Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and then press it flat on a greased baking sheet. (they won't flatten out on their own when cooking). Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Best right out of the oven.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    If you peel them and freeze the fruit you will be able to use them in any recipe using mashed bananas at a later date...or cook with them now, but they mash very easily after being frozen.

^^ THIS