acne

Options
I have lost about 20 pounds since January, and I have always had fairly clean skin. but now it is horrible! I have acne all across my shoulders, neck, back, and upper arms. I have tried everything. Is it just because of working out and weating? I have tried everything short of going to a dermatologist. any suggestions?

Replies

• Jry0318
    Jry0318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As someone who has suffered with acne for most of my life, i'd have to say, go to the dermatologist. Over the counter products never work for someone who has acne, it only works for those who don't! The sudden appearance of acne could be a number of things, including sweating. Go to a dermatologist and they will be better able to help you figure what the root cause of the acne is.
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    I have heard of weight loss acne before....don't know a whole lot about it....something about change in hormones and such....maybe once your body adjusts to the new you.....it will go away :) Unfortunately, I have suffered for many years with cystic acne. I do notice that it tends to get worse when I start losing! Sorry couldn't be more help!