Am I going about this the right way?

Options
MFP has recommended I consume 1200 calories a day to achieve my goal of losing 2 pounds per week. I earn an additional 200-300 calories a day through exercise (a combination of walking and doing the 30 Day Shred DVD for 20 min per day). I strive to eat 1400-1500 calories a day but I'm wondering if it's necessary. In other words, it is best to eat enough food to reach my daily calorie allotment plus the calories I burned from exercising or should I stick with the 1200? I don't want to deprive myself but sometimes I eat more than I need to reach 1400-1500 calories.

After doing this food/exercise routine for 2.5 weeks I have not budged on the scale but I have definitely lost inches from the 30DS because my clothes are fitting much better.

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You'll find different opinions, but the people who've been on here for a long, long time and lost huge amounts of weight eat their exercise calories. I think you need to make sure you're measuring accurately and give it more time.

How much do you weigh and how tall are you, as these have an impact on how quickly you can expect to lose weight. If you're at or close to a healthy weight you should aim to lose less per week - all newbies go for 2lbs per week & it's not always the right choice.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Silly me, double post!