1600 calorie day

Options
If you have 1600 calories to eat a day... What do you eat? I need to get back on track and would like some suggestions.

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I eat 1637 calories a day. Have a look at my diary. :-)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 1600 calories a day - macros set at 35% Carb, 35% Protein, and 30% fat. Have a look.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    A nice protein smoothie in the morning, chicken and vegetable soup for lunch and a hamburger with habanero shredded cheese for dinner (no bun because I don't usually bother). Snacks will be a jello mousse pudding and a iogo probio cup. I will burn about 400 calories at the gym and then have chicken fettucine alfredo (a rare meal, but my boyfriend has been wanting to make it). It's a bit high on carbs, but I crave them after the gym.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

1637?

Seems awfully precise considering TDEE calculations are based on averages and HRMs and food labels all work within a % tolerance.
  • kellehbeans
    Options

1637?

Seems awfully precise considering TDEE calculations are based on averages and HRMs and food labels all work within a % tolerance.

I used Scooby. That's what I got. I stuck to it. Lost lots of weight. Works for me, so *shrugs*
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I ate about 1600 calories yesterday, though with exercise so it was around 1200. You can take a look though; I think it's pretty solid (aside from my lunch, which consisted of a granola bar and a clif bar xD)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options

1637?

Does it matter?

I eat around 1600 a day and I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, lean meats, protein powder, whole grains, limit dairy (because it doesn't agree with me) etc. Just eat helthy and eating at 1600 gets easier.
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me too :) Im on 1600/day but I get a little more because I started working out :) I thought it would be incredibly difficult to stay under but I have found if I keep my self distracted I do just fine :) and I've always been under my goal and I eat pretty healthy (in my opinio) but I still get the sweets I like, I just have to work a little harder for it!! You can look at my diary too
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options

1637?

yeah. Can't food labels be off by around 20%? and most usually are off by at least 20% if not more? So you're 1637 calorie diet is probably more like 1900-2000, if you're eating much processed stuff. :(
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're very welcome to look at my diary! I'm on 1600 and eat a pretty good variety of food, mostly clean. Some days are bigger, some are smaller. I'm not organised enough to have a weekly meal plan :-P
  • kellehbeans
    Options

1637?

yeah. Can't food labels be off by around 20%? and most usually are off by at least 20% if not more? So you're 1637 calorie diet is probably more like 1900-2000, if you're eating much processed stuff. :(

If people worried about that constantly, then people would be going mad and losing no weight if the mark up on calories was that high (although yes, they can be out). As I said before, I've lost a lot of weight so who are you people to judge if it's *too* precise? I'm happy and losing. ;-)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400 but will be increasing to 1600 in a few weeks. Right now I try to eat fruit for breakfast on work days then on my first break I eat a snack of something like nuts and/or string cheese. I usually have a Lean Cuisine or a small portion leftover from dinner the night before for lunch. After work, I have a snack, something like a slice of deli meat and some wheat crackers and fruit or a cucumber. For dinner, it's usually whatever my son wants or whatever I have cooking in the crockpot. (chicken, tacos, pasta, chili, soup, etc) I make sure I measure one serving of the main dish, and add larger servings of whatever vegetables I have on hand. I'm not always able to stick to this as I'm a single mother and sometimes I don't even get home until 7pm (after dinner) Oftentimes I eat dinner at my mother's house or grab something out on the way home. But this is what's ideal for me. On the weekends, I eat a bigger breakfast bc I have more time. I usually have an English muffin with egg and some kind of protein paired with fruit. When I move up to 1600, I may be able to do this daily, if I can find the time. I'd probably have 2 eggs on a multi-grain sandwich, maybe with some cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800 but with a smaller portion of protein i d be right in there. My diary is open.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ideas will be good. Im rubbish at eating healthy at 1600 kcals xx
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options

1637?

If people worried about that constantly, then people would be going mad and losing no weight if the mark up on calories was that high (although yes, they can be out). As I said before, I've lost a lot of weight so who are you people to judge if it's *too* precise? I'm happy and losing. ;-)

I don't feel anyone was judging you. Simply asking about the accuracy of your calories. And you're right, it doesn't matter at all until you get down to that last ten pounds which is the trickiest of all to lose.

I suggest watching this fun video. It's somewhat informative on calorie discrepancies. :) You only really have to worry about it with processed stuff anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/opinion/calorie-detective.html
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.. I have 1600 calorie goal.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    uff I ate almost 1700 calories a day and for me it's easy XD

I eat a lot of homemade Cereal bar (with oatmeal, almond and walnut)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

1637?

i agree - we would go insane trying to make every number associated with weight loss an exact science (since that is simply NOT possible). Find a number that works for you and get moving.:happy:
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My diary is open as well :) Feel free to add me or just take a lok, I'm on 1600 at the moment as well!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 6 days a week and then I allow myself 2000 on the other day. I have an open diary if you want to check it out. I'll be honest, the latter part of last week was terrible haha.