From 180 lbs (81kg) to 125lbs (56.7kg)

Options
motivation2_zpsc5c6f48e.png

Most people barely remember how much I used to weight some years ago. Most of the people who met me recently think i always had this weight. I won't lie. It's been tough and hard at some points but it's been rewarding and has allowed me to get to know myself better.

When i started losing weight i was 81kg (around 180 pounds). not many people knew i weighted that much (I always tried to dress with clothes that would make me look thiner yet reality was that). I decided to lose weight thus i tried various methods, atkins, dissociated diet and much more... I even stopped eating for a while. What happened? I lost weight, but i won it too. It wasn't until the day I decided I had to start eating healthy that I truly started losing weight. Slowly, but continuously. I love pasta so I changed all the pasta for whole wheat pasta. I cut down on sugar (currently i just use it for tea and coffee) and eliminated sweets. One step at a time. Since then, I've managed to lose over 15kg (37 pounds).

Probably the last few pounds and kilograms are the hardest. i started adding salads to every lunch i eat. Switch to high fiber bread and started exercising. Once i read: "Eat not for the body you have now, but for the body you want tomorrow" and that's what i'm doing. But people, don't lie to yourself, GYM is necessary. Cardio and weights (light - 1 or 2kg) are NECESSARY. I am in this step now. And i see changes. I see my body becoming my ideal everyday that goes by but it requires working hard, getting tired and sweating. But do not give up!

Right now it's not about being the quickest or the one who does more crunches, but doing it constantly. Run a bit every day and push urself every day a bit more. And i can promise you, in time you will feel more energetic and healthy.

"Working out is one step forward, bad diet two steps back"

Hope this small writing motivates someone to work out a bit more or eat healthier. If so I will be happy :) if anyone has any question please feel free to ask me.

and remember: YOU CAN DO IT!

xoxoxo,

Eva

Replies

• learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    thanks eva for your story
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    :drinker: congrats on all of your hard work!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    it MOTIVATED ME ! thank you !

especially the bad diet 2 steps back, i know it but sometimes i need a reminder : )
    you are awesome !
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • Rokosmummy
    Options
    Well done!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success story. Absolutely a wonderful transformation - both mind and body.
  • molina76853
    molina76853 Posts: 143
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation....I needed it! Keep up the hard work! You look amazing!
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Good Job :)
  • paisleytevir
    paisleytevir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, congrats!
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Congrats!
  • xoemilyk
    xoemilyk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is around my starting weight to my goal weight. Thank you for the motivation and congratulations! :smile:
  • missdelajay
    missdelajay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. Continue to inspire others :D
  • verofh
    verofh Posts: 1
    Options
    Thaks for sharung your story, hope I can do the same very soon.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! You look great!!
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    how tall are you? this is also my starting weight, and while not my goal weight, I am still interested in knowing!
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wonderful job and a great story! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • airmay1
    airmay1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look great!! Very inspirational story!!
  • jojoe12139
    jojoe12139 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am in exactly the same place as you were. Cannot believe I weigh this much, and like you, people say "you don't look big" but it is the clothes I choose which give me cover. I can't bear to look at myself.
    I know it's chocolates and biscuits and crisps which I crave since I gave up cigarettes (23months off them)
    Sometimes I know I'm eating even though I'm full.
    Will keep your post for inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!