Work out videos

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any good workout videos that they would recommend. I have Rockin Body by Shaun T because I thought it looked fun..but, kinda not so much. So then I get bored and don't want to do them. Tried the Tae-bo amped...too slow, selling them on ebay. I liked the original Tae-bo videos..but I don't have VHS and they don't have them on DVD.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any good workout videos that they would recommend. I have Rockin Body by Shaun T because I thought it looked fun..but, kinda not so much. So then I get bored and don't want to do them. Tried the Tae-bo amped...too slow, selling them on ebay. I liked the original Tae-bo videos..but I don't have VHS and they don't have them on DVD.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just ordered, about 3 wks ago - Turbo Jams and I love it! Great music and the instructor keeps you going but not annoying...YouTube it, to see examples of the videos. Hope that helps...Plus, Turbo Jams is like TaeBo.
  • stacy83084
    Options
    I bought the turbo jam videos a couple months ago. I am like you and get very bored very quickly. These videos have kept me interested so far.
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI!

I have a friend who bought Turbo Jam and loved it! I am thinking of borrowing them from her. :) I also didnt like the newest Tae Bo tapes, but only have VHS from the old ones that I cant play anymore since I dont have a VCR..LOL

I bought The Firm just the other day... will be trying that out very soon! I had the old ones on VHS and enjoyed them years ago, lets hope I like the new ones!!

GOOD LUCK!

Katie
  • susmac
    susmac Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm all about "The Firm", you really do see results in 10 workouts!! I did measurements before and at 10....every little inch helps...just frustrating the # on Scale didn't drop as dramatic as I would like, still lost wt & inches came off. True what they say, muscle weigh more than fat....
  • paynk77
    paynk77 Posts: 8
    Options
    I really enjoy power sculpt -fat blast by womens health magazine. the instructor amy dixon is great. all you need is 3 lb. dumbells. It claims you can burn up to 500 calories in 40 minutes. it is a great workout and makes you feel great
  • wriglucy
    Options
    Power sculpt....Wow...I'll have to check that out! I have 5 lb dumbells..they should work..right? I'll modify if I have to.

And the firm..I've never heard of that one either...guess I have some research ahead of me.

Checked out the turbo jam, because that does seem a little high energy, and that's me half the time. So, I bought just one of the dvd's, the kick punch something. Got it on ebay pretty cheap...so I'll try it out before I commit to the rest.

Thanks for all your help!! Any other ideas...I'm still totally open to new ideas!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Jam for 3 weeks and LOVE them!!!! I can totally see the difference in my abs!! I have The Firm videos as well, and i really like them, i just got bored of them, so i don't do them lately! So far Turbo Jam is GREAT!
  • littlelaurie
    Options
    Turbo Jam is fun, catchy and yes, you actually look forward to doing the routines!
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i just found this site and love it so far, has anybody tried the Hip hop abs cds saw a commercial they looked upbeat with out laying on the floor more like dancing but.. are they worth it. If they have great music that helps me mentally and i'll stick with it. i appreciate any info.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not really a video but in NY (Timewarner cable) after channel 1000 is channels on demand for free. One is exercise on demand and they have tons of classes for free in all sorts of categories. Today i did a 10 min stretch class.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I just got the Biggest Loser Workout - I like it better than Tae Bo (which is good, but too short). I ordered the rest of the BL DVDs because I liked it so much. I like Bob the best though (he does all of the first one, but shares the job with the others). For yoga, I like Rodney Yee's videos. For those that have never done yoga before, Yoga for Weight Loss (by Gaiam productions) is by far the best. I'm looking for an hour long weights video - yet to find it.

Netflix doesn't have Turbo Jam, so I've never tried it.

For all those with VHS tapes they can't use, send them here! :laugh: I still have my VHS player.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    i just found this site and love it so far, has anybody tried the Hip hop abs cds saw a commercial they looked upbeat with out laying on the floor more like dancing but.. are they worth it. If they have great music that helps me mentally and i'll stick with it. i appreciate any info.

I have the Hip Hop Abs series. The Total Body Burn is a good workout but they do have mat work at the end.
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I use to do the firm. It is a real good work out. Your dang body will be hurting. It does not make you loose alot of weight but it chops off alot of inches.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You can get an old school VCR at any pawn shop for dirt cheap, if you have the space. Just FYI.:flowerforyou:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I agree the Tae Bo Amped is too slow. I just bought it because I LOVE my other Tae Bo videos, but this one is definitely a disappointment. A good one is Tae Bo Capture the Power, it's an older one but comes on DVD. Turbo Jam is a good one too, but the fake peppiness and constant cheesy smiles annoys me! The Biggest Loser is a good one too.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I also have Turbo Jam (for about 2 years now) and I love it! I have almost all of them (except for the ball series). Her Cardio mixes (1,2 and 3) are very upbeat and fun. Personally I like her upbeat personality and she has a ton of energy (must be from all the $ she's making lol).
    I also have the new tae bo amphed. I like it. When you say "slow", do you mean because he slows down between the moves? I never did the original tae bo. I've also been burning more calories with Tae Bo amphed than with TJ but I love them both.
    I have the hips, buns and thighs of hip hop abs. It's okay. There's one move I really like (drive the car).

:flowerforyou:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Cardio and Biggest Loser Power Sculpt. I love both of them!
  • janellybelly
    Options
    P90X from beachbody.com and Turbo Jam are great! P90X kicks your butt!!!

Janell
  • kmg748
    kmg748 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds 3 Mile Walk-I'm a big walker and it's hard to get out in the winter. It's a 45 minute high impact walking video I figured out that it burns about 300 calories.