bands that everyone loves that you could do without

Options
15678911»

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

S/N: Metalliza rules the universe. Despite recent not great albums, they are by far the best live show EVER. And James Hetfield is just yummy. You are allowed to disagree as long as you are not on my FL. :laugh:

Also, Nickelback is surprisingly excellent live. True story.
    I'm sure Metallica isn't that bad I just have a recent ex who has SEVERAL terrible tattoos all Metallica album covers. Terribly done, placed. Like what you like but tattoos are permanent bro.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How in the FK are the Chili Peppers listed here 3 times!? I have to leave.

^^^^^
    THIS!! They are my absolute FAVORITE!

I love them, too, but I can see how people could get sick of them.

Other than that, BOB freakin DYLAN. My former boss was obsessed and played him all the time. I didn't necessarily dislike him before, but man his voice gets old fast.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people hate Nickelback?
    Why does this need to be asked? lolol

But to get rid of: Ke$ha

Dude I can't believe I didn't see more of her listed. She is death by noise.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Also.... Metallica. Maybe for personal reasons but still.
    Only reason I dislike Metallica is from the Napster mess way back in the day. That peeved me off big time!
    What did they have to do with Napster? I was just a young lady then lol
    They got mad b/c people were sharing Metallica songs on Napster. So they went after everyone who had a Metallica song on their account and the accounts were banned.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You think you suffer now ? Think about growing up with the coolest so called classic rock bands in the 1960's/early 70's, going to their concerts, only to have them replaced by Disco, with the height of Disco being , "Disco Duck". I hardly survived the time period and could not go to any bar or scene playing disco. Thank goodness for the emergence of Punk, New Wave and Grunge, and any other cerebreal form of music that didn't place elastic bands around a guys ..... lol

I love disco....>_> I actually don't understand why so many people dislike it. I guess I can understand if it were disco overkill, kinda like the hip-hop overkill we've been having in more recent years. All the bad just drowns out the good, unfortunately. To my understanding, my generation is only familiar with good disco like MJ (Basically anything from Off the Wall) and the Bee Gees, but we didn't experience the horrors of the 70s.

In general though, I very much enjoy when any song infuses a bit of a disco vibe. I just listened to "Disco Duck".....daaaaaamn, that's terrible, LOL!
  • SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    U2...I just can't deal with. I have never been able to get into them. Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, and all those lame country bands kill me.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You think you suffer now ? Think about growing up with the coolest so called classic rock bands in the 1960's/early 70's, going to their concerts, only to have them replaced by Disco, with the height of Disco being , "Disco Duck". I hardly survived the time period and could not go to any bar or scene playing disco. Thank goodness for the emergence of Punk, New Wave and Grunge, and any other cerebreal form of music that didn't place elastic bands around a guys ..... lol

I love disco....>_> I actually don't understand why so many people dislike it. I guess I can understand if it were disco overkill, kinda like the hip-hop overkill we've been having in more recent years. All the bad just drowns out the good, unfortunately. To my understanding, my generation is only familiar with good disco like MJ and the Bee Gees, but we didn't experience the horrors of the 70s.

In general though, I very much enjoy when any song infuses a bit of a disco vibe. I just listened to "Disco Duck".....daaaaaamn, that's terrible, LOL!

Hey Arch, that was basically it, overkill and came on very quickly, the music, media, clothing, hair styles etc, if you listened to "classic rock" you were a dinosaur (lol) and alot of radio stations dropped rock music with disco. Even rock bands sold out and went disco just to get airplay and keep their names alive.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    How in the FK are the Chili Peppers listed here 3 times!? I have to leave.

^^^^^
    THIS!! They are my absolute FAVORITE!

Me, three! I LOVE them!!!

I can't stand Justin Bieber and thank God that my children don't like him either. They call him Justin Beaver. It's hilarious because my 10 year old drawns pics of beavers decked out in Bieber clothing all the time. Heehee.

I personally am not a 1D fan, either, but if my daughter knew that, she would hurt me. She is 13.5 and is obsessed with them. She even knows their blood types. How she found that out, I have no clue. It is sorta creepy :noway:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith...they've sucked ever since they got off the drugs.

Led Zepplin.....They ripped off a ton of old blues songs

Journey...Because they're Journey
  • rderrickwhite
    rderrickwhite Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    EDM in general... It's a style that increases in popularity as it becomes less musical.
  • wcj61
    wcj61 Posts: 13
    Options
    Journey. I can't stand bubblegum "rock."