On a scale of 1 to 10 game.

Options
wolf23
wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
This may be fun... 1 being negative, 10 being positive, answer then ask. I'll start...

On a scale of 1 to 10...How is your healthy lifestyle change working for you?

Replies

• ABE74
    ABE74 Posts: 5
    Options
    8 or 9
    I love the way my body has changed. I'm trying to gain some healthy weight and drop some body fat. Fitness Pal has helped me keep track of my diet to force me to watch what I eat a lot closer. I only have about 10 more lbs to gain and then I'm going to start cutting the BF%

Interesting cat pic with the name "wolf23" lol
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    7.5 I think... At first it was sooo all about it...then graduations and my birthday happened and I've failed more than I have had success, but I am still here and trying so that says something, right? lol
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    9 or 10
    so far been great...my only problem has been making sure i only eat what i planned on here to eat n sticking to it when im at work! i work in a convience store/gas station/deli so i have food staring at me all day long! but thankfully im there only 3 days a week! ive had plenty of positive feed back n kind words tossed my way! thats another reason ive stuck with website! using just this website ive lost 15lbs so far but ive lost a total of 32 all together! as long as theres no negitivity here ill be using this forever! :bigsmile:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    7.5 I think... At first it was sooo all about it...then graduations and my birthday happened and I've failed more than I have had success, but I am still here and trying so that says something, right? lol

Wow girl, FAILED? Why so hard on yourself?

I'd say I'd have to give my experience an 8 - only because on my journey I have also quit drinking and smoking and have lost some good 'friends' because of it. Other than that, I love being healthy now! I haven't felt this good in my adult life!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'll say 9 because while I'm already in my goal range, it's helped me a lot to get a grip on what I'm eating and how it impacts my weight and results. I'm not self-motivated, which is why I go to the gym as much as I do, and all the encouragement and advice is helpful. I've met some cool people here that are really trying, and to me that's a motivator in itself.
  • modestkelly
    modestkelly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    \

I'd say I'd have to give my experience an 8 - only because on my journey I have also quit drinking and smoking and have lost some good 'friends' because of it. Other than that, I love being healthy now! I haven't felt this good in my adult life!
    [/quote]

Sometimes our most unhealthy habits are having people who don't support healthy things around us. Shedding those layers can be tough but it could be the only way to a healthier happier you. Way to go and keep it up!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    If they were good friends you would not have lost them. I say 8 so far
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    8 or 9. MFP does what it neds to do, I just need to do what I need to do :)
    That being said, I stay accountable for what I eat, and I love seeing my calories earned!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I guess I'm always hard on myself... maybe I shouldn't be? lol
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options

If you lost friends because you quit smoking and drinking....then they werent really your friends.

I would say 9....I love how I feel....and my self confidence and happiness has gone up a notch since the change in my body and health
  • DiscoBeth
    DiscoBeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    10! But, I am still in the honeymoon stage. I have been using fitness pal for exactly one month today and since I began using it I have lost 10.2 pounds. I started my lifestyle change about 2 and a half months ago but it wasn't until MFP that I started losing 1-2 pounds a week consistently. I love it! I naturally have started to go to bed earlier wake up earlier and party less.

I feel so good and it's not like I said "im quitting smoking and drinking," it just happened. Ü
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    9. If it was just about me I'd say 11, but it's not. My wife and I are both using this, and we're both doing great, but...

I'm ridiculously healthy and have the big male furnace burning away for me. I also have a 35 minute commute to work. My wife struggles with a couple different illnesses and some crazy dietary restrictions. Her commute burns up 2 hours of every day.

Soooooo - - I've been very successful here and accomplished most of my goals. My body has done what I've asked and I'm doing super with weight loss and fitness.

She has struggled. She's making progress, but it's a longer road for her. Sometimes she gets one step forward and 2 steps back. If she exercises 10% too much one of her illnesses will flare up and knock her down for a week. Her work hours are inflexible and she spends way too much time in the car, which restricts her opportunties to exercise.

So I'm doing great and she's struggling against massive odds (I'm very proud of her BTW). It causes a bit of friction. That part sux.
  • wolf23
    Options
    That's awesome that so many liked my question and I am glad that most people are high on the satisfaction scale of their newfound healthy lifestyle!!!

Now with that said I wanted everyone who answered to also ASK an "On the scale of 1 to 10 question" to keep the thread going. It can be on any topic allowed by this site.

I will start again...

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much did you enjoy your breakfast this morning?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    7. Made myself a quesadilla w/a little ham & cheese on a tortilla, then too much chocolate for dessert. Munched it while walking dogs. It was Ok for a weekday morning thing - breakfast is better when I have company. Have to ride bike tonight to pay for it. :happy:

1 to 10, how satisfied are you with your current level of weight/fitness/health? What's your plan to improve?
  • wolf23
    Options
    Weight an 8/ fitness a 9/ overall health a 7. I can make better choices when it comes down to diet. I often go for an unhealthier choice because I feel like I don't want to be too rigid in regards to finding a eating plan I can live with, but then physically I feel yucky then if I ate healthier. Its kind of like when you remember what a certain candy tasted like when you were a kid then you try it again as an adult and it tastes too sweet or just not as great as you remembered. It's like that now with potato chips, cheesy food, and fried things, thinking it's going to satisfy but it doesn't.

On a scale of 1 to 10...how do you rate your abs?
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    a 10 as far as their functionality & them being set evenly nicely shaped trunk, but a 5 for now I need to lose a bit of extra fat so that they are always that apearance that they really are & not just the feel & when I tense them.

On a scale from 1 to 10 How do you rate your eating habits since joining MFP?

Fun game by the way!:flowerforyou: