Body for Life anyone?

ariannedavis
ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone here done the body for life program? I am thinking about trying it, but want to hear from some who have done it. I think the biggest challenge for me will be eating all the small meals.

Thanks for any feedback!
Arianne

Replies

• ariannedavis
    Has anyone here done the body for life program? I am thinking about trying it, but want to hear from some who have done it. I think the biggest challenge for me will be eating all the small meals.

Thanks for any feedback!
    Arianne
  • kmazzo01
    kmazzo01 Posts: 3
    hi arianne
    I am new to this site but I saw your question and I have tried to do body for life many times, I think it sounds great, but truly is a challenge, for me having one day off is great but I had a hard time getting back on.
    hope that helps a little
    karan
    good luck!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I can handle the eating part, it's the short intense work out that scare me. I like (okay love) working out for a longer time and knowing that I've burn a ton of calories.

My husband does it when he wants to lose weight and loses a lot. He's still sticking to the main principle of it this time which is so much better than when he'd do it for 12 weeks, then eat junk and gain it back.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    I tried it a few years ago. The workouts are intense and after about 2 weeks, I started slacking off. Also, I agree with kmazzo01 that it is hard to get back on track after the cheat day.
  • I started the program a while back and more than phisical results i observed that i had more eating and work out smarts. I definately felt more energized and healthy throughout the day. Sometimes it is easy to slack b/c it takes determination to stay alert to the program. but if you are looking for a new lifestyle, then i totally recomend it. At least give it a go, but remember the results are not instantaneous. I'm pretty sure it is a 12 week program. stick with it and i am sure things will go well for you! Good luck!!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    I bought the book and the recipes are Fab-U-Lous! My family loves them without knowing they are eating healthier.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Yes, before I had my babies and was in good shape, I used to follow it, particulary the fitness portion. It gives GREAT results, and it was quite easy (I did the running for 20 minutes 3 days per week, and then the weight training 3 days per week, alternating days, and taking one day off).

For the weight training, I did not do the upper/lower split, but instead did the whole body every other day. He is a big proponent of the shakes, and I found them really helpful. I'm trying to get back to the shakes again, as I find they help to up my protien, and keep me satisfied longer. You should take your before and after pics and enter the big contest!

Good luck and let us know how it goes and what you think of the programme!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    I've been doing the fitness portion of the BFL program for almost 12 weeks now. I did not do the nutrition part because I really don't want to do shakes and bars. I do eat about 6 - 7 times a day though.

I have seen some great changes in my muscles since starting it. I have a lot more strenght and can really see some muscles emerging.

I will have completed 12 weeks as of Friday and I'm thinking about doing it for another 12.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    I really like the BFL concept, i like most of the EAS products, though im not taking his this time around i do use very similar product. I really want to gain a substantial amount of muscle, 16+ lbs, so im doing a different program with my own customized diet plan. But, when i do put on the muscle i want im gonna do BFL again to shake things up and get super cut.

Tim
  • ariannedavis
    Thanks everyone. I have been doing great with my own workouts, and am actually concerned with cutting back so much! I love to eat, so that's sort of exciting! :laugh: I will look into the challenge. I wish I had started in October when I posted my first "before" pic... the difference is already amazing!

Arianne
    :happy:
This discussion has been closed.