How often do you work out?

Options
How often do you work out? What's your typical weekly schedule, including the type of exercise?

Just curious what other people are doing... (:

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    walking 60 minutes 5 times a week (to work) mon-fri.
    gym at lunch time for 40mins 5 days a week - strength training mon-fri
    saturday 1 hour full body weight training.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I try to do a daily walk, somethimes short some-times longer.
    My condition was so bad that i started with 10 minutes max.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    1hr cycling 5 days a week (work commute).

1hr weight training 3 days per week.

Hiking at weekends and yoga/stretching once or twice a week.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do insanity about four days a week, some other random workout dvd one other day and on the weekends I'll go hiking at the greenbelt or running around my neighborhood. Insanity is so hard and I was given burned dvd's from a friend so I'm not doing the whole plan, just mixing up the workouts. There are some I can't finish but I'm working up to them.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    This weeks workout schedule:

SUNDAY - Upper Body (heavy) + Spinning
    MONDAY - Legs (heavy)
    TUESDAY - Abs
    WEDNESDAY - Kettlebell
    THURSDAY - OFF
    FRIDAY - Upper Body (hypertrophy)
    SATURDAY - Abs

Obviously lifting is my primary focus. Usually do 1-2 cardio sessions a week.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm working out three days a week doing NROLW. I may re-add some lighter cardio once an injury heals.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Every day. I might take a day off completely a couple of times a month. I run 30-40 miles and do three sessions of strength stuff at the gym (usually in conjunction with one of my shorter runs).
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    run 5 days (during the week between 3-4 miles) one weekend day 5-7 miles
    weight train 1 day a week (includes abs, lunges, squats, shoulders, back, triceps) - 1 hour
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I do a morning routine for 15 mins, cardio and stretching

I find whatever excuse I can to go for a walk.

At night I do between 15 and 30 mins of cardio, strength training and then I walk/jog on my treadmill for 30 mins.

And 3 times a week I go to the gym with a friend.
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I Try to make sure I get at least 30 mins of some sort of activity every day. On top of that a good hard workout 3x a week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No set schedule for workouts...

Monday thru Friday, I go to the gym (or out for a walk) for 45-50 minutes. We do workout videos, stairs/stairmill, elliptical, stationary bike, weights, treadmill workouts, and/or a combo of a few things in a day. The only constant is that we do try to do weights 3 times a week - one day for legs, one day for abs and one day for upper body/arms

On the weekends, now that it's nicer out, I try to go for a run or long walk at least one of the days and rest the other.
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the injured list, but usually I do spinning 6-7 days a week, I walk at least one hour 3-5 times a week, and right before being take out of action, I was supposed to be starting C25K and 30DS. D'oh!

As an aside, for those who don't do a lot of cardio - I haven't changed much in the way I've been eating since being inactive (minus a few extra carbs to help absorb the horrible antibiotics I had to take) but without cardio for over 2 weeks now, I am noticing some negative changes in my body shape! Cardio is really important! I didn't realize until I couldn't do it anymore. Sitting on your tushy is really bad for your body. O.o
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day...

Sunday - Run between 6 to 11 miles
    Monday - DVD (strength training or Rockin' Body)
    Tuesday - Spin Bike
    Wedneday - 3 mile run
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Run between 3 to 4.5 miles
    Saturday - If I'm not hiking/snowshoeing/or outdoors in general, then a DVD

I also walk on my breaks at work, so I walk between 2 to 5 miles a day doing that. And if I'm not busy in the evening I will hit a one or two Zumba classes during the week.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Spinning 5 X a week, 45 min class
    Lifting 3 X a week, 45-60mins
    Circuit Training once a week 45 mins
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    M: Squat, Bench, Bent Over Rows (5x5 program), 10 minutes or so of Pilates and/or 10-20 minutes of cardio if I am up to it.
    Tu: Run per my 5K training schedule, core workout, yoga/stretching
    W: Squat, Deadlift, Over Head Press, 10 minutes or so of Pilates and/or 10 -20 minutes of cardio if I am up for it.
    Th: Same as Tuesday
    F: Same as Monday, although my reps are different
    Sa: Run per my 5K training schedule
    Sun: Rest, maybe a light run

Once my 5K, then my 10K for this summer are done, I'll likely scale my runing back to 2 days a week, or make one of my run's lightre (if I still do a Saturday run). I workout in the AM before work, at home, during the week and whenever I get around to it on Saturday and/or Sunday. I also like to put on music and dance or play a dance game on the PS3 with my kids for something "extra".
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I average about 4 days per week for about an hour. Most of the time, I will run and use the elliptical for 30 minutes on each. Other days, I'll occasionally throw in some boxing/circuits at Title Boxing, weights/circuits with the hubby, and Jillian Michaels/Chalean either by myself or with a friend. I change it up depending on my mood.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Sun / Tue / Thu

Cardio (running) 2-4 days / week (generally not on lifting days)
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I thought I did ok with 4-6 days a week for an hour but I think I need to up my game a little in comparison to everyone out there. I have issues with binge eating and my exercise is keeping my stable I guess. I just feel like I am a chronically tired person too. Blarg. Good job everyone!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Weight train 3x a week.

C25K 6 days.

Jillian Michaels dvd or Yoga Booty Ballet dvd if weather prevents me going to track to do c25k.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    Monday - Weights (mix of machines & free weights - goal is to lift heavy) 45 mins & 45 min walk
    Tuesday - Cardio (running on treadmill & stepper) 45 mins
    Wednesday - As Tuesday
    Thursday - As Tuesday
    Friday - As Monday
    Weekend - Rest but as we go out we tend to walk loads