Celebrating Successes

Options
I was wondering what I could do to treat myself while losing weight. I decided I wanted to give myself a gift every 5 pounds but I really didn't want to spend much money. I figured as I am losing it cloths is what I will need/want the most but every 5 pounds could get expensive plus the cloths I buy in the beginning would no longer fit at the end of my journey. That was when it hit me I am going to treat myself with thrift store clothing. I will get one article after the first 10 another when I hit 20 and then every 5 after that since losing slows down. When I hit my goal I will allow myself a few new outfits. What do you do to treat yourself?

Replies

• Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I treat myself with makeup. I will go into Sephora and let myself spend $25 dollars for every five pounds.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I usually would just buy myself something I'd had my eye on, whether it was clothes, books, music, movies, shoes, whatever. These days, when I reach a performance goal in the gym, I buy myself something for my gym or if I don't need anything for the gym, I put the money in a savings account, and when I save up enough, I am going to take a trip somewhere.
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Those are some great ideas. :) Make up is something I never thought of. I don't know why because I really need it! lol
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually a new dress or something similar when I hit my mini goals which are about 20# apart. The next mini goal is going to be interesting, though, because I'm going to have to buy new jeans and that's when I'll be hitting up the thrift store.
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm treating myself to a bit of a spree at the sports shop at the weekend- now I feel comfortable with my exercise routine I want to get some new workout clothes and some equipment for home :-)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    The thrift store is a great place to pick up transitional clothes. I would suggest to set some milestone goals too, like every 25 pounds, and treat yourself to a brand new outfit for those. That will give you something extra exciting to shoot for.

The short term rewards don't really motivate me so I don't do them. I wish they did, but I've tried and it just doesn't get me there. My motivation is I want grandchildren and I want to be the coolest grandma ever - so I need to be fit. My reward will be their smiling faces and laughter someday!!!
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Pamper yourself: some jewelry, a mani or pedi, a massage, or some workout clothes, a video, or weights. My reward for running a half will be "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" on my kindle.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i think clothes after 10 pounds is a good idea i have dropped 1 size already but because i wear jeans alot they are not hanging of to much, got myself 1 pair of skinny jeans and love wearing them because it shows me how well i'm doing. in may i'm gonna get a new hair cut which will show of my slimmer look :smile:
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    I can't wait to reward myself lol I decided Thrift cloths every 5 pounds. new outfit every 25 pounds at 50 I want to get a pedicure and at my goal I want a tattoo. :bigsmile: