Run for Boston

Options
If you have (or plan to) Run for Boston (#runforboston), enter your mileage here: http://bit.ly/RunForBoston

"If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon." - Kathrine Switzer

Run like hell, friends.

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    15 miles - longest run yet!!!
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will be doing a 2.5 mile race on the 28th and dedicating it to Boston, and a 3 mile one in July :-)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Thanks will post there. Ran 5 miles for Boston this morning.
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Run Junkee has a rememberance bib you can print and wear on your runs. I put in 3 (very hot) miles yesterday, have a 5K Saturday and a 15K next Sunday and will wear the rememberance bib at both of those as well.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ran 8 miles last night for Boston and walking today with an injured runner for Boston.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    About to go for a run outside in a moment, will think of the direct and collateral victims all the way!
  • hmstix
    hmstix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an off day for me in my half marathon training. Will be putting in most of 20 miles this week in other trianing, but I did .45 miles on the treadmill yesterday that was symbolic of the milage most of the runners needed to finish the race when they got stopped.
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Went 3.36 this morning. Great idea!
  • egwene1977
    Options
    I don't run, but I'll gladly "race walk" for Boston!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Run Junkee has a rememberance bib you can print and wear on your runs. I put in 3 (very hot) miles yesterday, have a 5K Saturday and a 15K next Sunday and will wear the rememberance bib at both of those as well.

Just printed the white logo for my run today!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    my friends and i made I run for boston t shirts that we are wearing saturday at Rugged Maniac. I plan on running tonight with my bib.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an off day for me in my half marathon training. Will be putting in most of 20 miles this week in other trianing, but I did .45 miles on the treadmill yesterday that was symbolic of the milage most of the runners needed to finish the race when they got stopped.

what a great idea. i was planning on running 5 miles tonight but will add the .45 and do 5.45
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I ran 6.07 miles for Boston last night, and just went and added it to the link!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options

Yup. In my profile pix. Handing it off to a neighbor this afternoon. She will wear it tomorrow.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is great. I'm going to share this link on facebook so my friends there can run for Boston! :smile:
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Going to put in 3+ miles in for boston :)
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    About to hit the trail to Run for Boston with my lab!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing :heart:

I ran 3.2 angry miles yesterday. Well, the first one was angry. The last 2.2 felt great, probably thanks to my dog and her "run happy" attitude. I plan to run as often as I can and harder than ever with the mantra, "Run for those who can't."
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I ran 4.5 miles *in* Boston for Boston yesterday with the Kier Byrnes Freedom Runners and the Cambridge 5k crew. About 250-300 of us in an impromptu pack running to and then down the Esplanade in honor of the fallen and to show that we are not afraid. We got a lot of honks of support! Great group of people. I'll run with them again.